Original topic:

Samsung Police

(Topic created: 10-20-2021 10:40 AM)
Mayze
Comet
Options
Samsung Apps and Services

Okay, so I know I had to deal with censoring on Facebook. I deleted Facebook. Don't make me delete Members. I will. Later, **bleep**

16 Replies
AliWright
Astronaut
Options
Hi.ya know,since downloading Fake book,which I rarely use. I cannot Uninstaller it from my phone or playstore?? Do you know why? Ty,Ali
0 Likes
KennCann
Astronaut
Options
If you can't uninstall Facebook, then I doubt that YOU installed it. It was probably already preinstalled on your phone if you can't uninstall it. In my experience, you can always uninstall apps that YOU install.
Mayze
Comet
Options
I would go into apps and uninstall or at least disable if I can't. Not sure what device you have. It's rare, but it can be integrated with the framework. If you can't uninstall, like me with my ATT apps, simply disable it. It does the same thing.
KennCann
Astronaut
Options
It's actually NOT rare to have Facebook preinstalled on a Samsung phone and thus incapable of being uninstalled.

Likewise, uninstalling and disabling an app do NOT do the same thing. Uninstalling an app REMOVES it completely from the phone giving you back however many megabytes the app AND its data are in size. Disabling an app leaves the app AND its data REMAINING on the phone taking up space.

Some apps, like Facebook, can have quite a bit of data which, when added to the size of the app, can be taking up SEVERAL hundred megabytes on your phone.

My favorite browser Brave is currently taking up 687 MB on my phone.
Mayze
Comet
Options
Oh, I love people that don't listen.
Let me school you.

*Ahem*

What I said it's that it's rare to have Facebook integrated into the system so far as you cannot install it. Meaning that Facebook comes on phones preinstalled- true enough, but you can USUALLY (USUALLY) UNINSTALL it.

That means you can completely wipe it from the system like it wasn't (was not) there, BUT (however) in CERTAIN instances, it is integrated as a core service on a device, MEANING that it CANNOT be uninstalled from the device completely because the framework relies on it.

In THESE instances, one can opt to DISABLE it, meaning they can turn it off as much as they possibly can, maybe even uninstall updates.

Next time you try to correct someone, dude, know what you are talking about

#KenObviouslyCannt (pun intended)
AliWright
Astronaut
Options
..there is one in apps that says "Facebook framework" and others.but I've always been able to Uninstall and I believe I've always have d-loaded on all my phones?very strange..
0 Likes
KennCann
Astronaut
Options
I can see why the "Samsung Police" are all in your stuff. You seem to lack good people skills.

Like I said, its NOT rare for Facebook to come preinstalled on a Samsung phone and INCAPABLE of being uninstalled. PERIOD. End of story.

I've received this complaint from HUNDREDS of customers with Samsung phones.

That's right, I'm a computer/phone/tablet service technician.

Check your ego and live longer, Bruh...
0 Likes
Mayze
Comet
Options
😂😂😂 you gonna call em. Bring it
KennCann
Astronaut
Options
What for? You have a right to communicate the way that you want to and I'm not into censorship.

I just know how people like to be treated and ultimately if you want any respect, you have to be respectful yourself.

Good luck with your Andrew Dice Clay style of communication. Eventually, the moderators will kick you if you make people uncomfortable to exist in this community. You're not Dave Chappelle and therefore you're not immune to the cancel culture. 😉
0 Likes