Original topic:

Samsung Premium Care is broken

(Topic created on: 9/22/20 10:43 AM)
Interlee
Asteroid
Options
Samsung Apps and Services

I am a North America (USA) customer. I love Samsung products and her spirit of innovation.

BUT SAMSUNG PREMIUM CARE IS TOTALLY BROKEN. The integrated systems between SAMSUNG and ASURION are truly BROKEN.

Here is the story:

0. I filed a claim for a damaged screen on SAMSUNG Galaxy Note 10+ 512GB . Asurion (Samsung outsourced to this company) sent me 256GB instead. Also, the device they sent had a serious defect with its call quality. It echoes crazy on any phone calls (Make sure Asurion does not rip you off). So, I switched back to my damaged phone and reported this wrong model/defect to Samsung Premium Care / Asurion. Now, suddenly they are asking me to 1. upload the purchase receipt and 2. send the screenshot of Samsung Premium care welcome email that I received when subscribing the first time.

1. Uploading receipt: The website for uploading receipt does not allow me to upload, but displays a phone number to Asurion Service. So I made a phone call to the number. The Asurion agent then asked me to email the receipt to their service email account(customer-support@asurion.com) with a claim ID and my phone number in the subject line, which I did. But they said it did not go through the next day. I made another phone call and emailed it again, which failed again. I asked if there is any other email address that I can use. They say that's the only email account that can work. No one knows how to deal with it and the agents and I both got stuck at this point.

2. Send the screenshot of the welcome email from Samsung Premium care: The welcome email says "Welcome [blank], ". There was no mention of my name in the email (just a comma without my name). Something seemed to be broken. Asurion says, that would not work and asked me to contact SAMSUNG Pro, which I did FOUR TIMES WASTING precious 5 HOURS on the phone. Do you know what they did each time? FORWARDING ME TO THE Asurion customer service who again says to contact SAMSUNG. INFINITE LOOP. I AM STUCK AGAIN.

I paid more than 9 times for the monthly subscription (more than $100 total) and THEIR SYSTEMS HAD NO PROBLEM GETTING MY MONEY MONTHLY. BUT WHEN I NEED THE SERVICE, THEIR SYSTEMS DO NOT HAVE MY RECORD!!!!

So I made another call to SAMSUNG PREMIUM CARE and CANCELLED my original claim BECAUSE I WILL BE STUCK ON THIS VICIOUS CYCLE OTHERWISE. I would rather live with broken screen than have a mental breakdown over this ridiculous company system.

Do you know how easy it was to cancel my claim? "INSTANTLY". They were so happy to drop it. SO FAST WITH DROPPING THE CLAIM, WHILE IT TAKES ME NOWHERE TO GET MY DEVICE FIXED!!!!

I wonder how this poor system could be even allowed to be deployed? Is there a fundamental issue with SDS (Samsung Data System)? Or does this reflect the inherent inability of the CEO's (JY)? I have seen this type of poor customer service over the past decade. As a former employee of Samsung, I am truly concerned. 

11 Replies
KPsquared
Cosmic Ray
Options
How were you even able to sign up for Premium Care? I've been trying to do so with my Note20 Ultra and my Tab S7+ by calling, going to the website, and chatting to no avail.
0 Likes
Interlee
Asteroid
Options
i sugned up when purchasing the device from Samsung.
KPsquared
Cosmic Ray
Options
Gotcha. I finally found it. Some shared a direct link to a separate website. Seems like they're disconnected across the board.
0 Likes
WNCK
Asteroid
Options
I've been trying to sign up for my tab s7+. did you succeed? I was told that I cannot enroll after I got it delivered.
KPsquared
Cosmic Ray
Options
Nope, smh
0 Likes
userUsZDlyidFH
Cosmic Ray
Options
stuck in this loop currently. I love samsung phones but I'll never buy another one once I get rid of this. Their tie in with assurion has totally ruined the experience for the customer.
Interlee
Asteroid
Options
the same here. is this their "strategy" of maximizing revenues by reducing operations cost? what a wretched system. this is my first time considering phone that is NOT Samsung.
userUsZDlyidFH
Cosmic Ray
Options
unfortunately for them I'm not just throwing in the towel. Had to contact the BBB last time before I did finally get a replacement.
0 Likes
Interlee
Asteroid
Options
what's BBB? i was even looking for any kind of legal assitance.