cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
Constellation

Samsung Protection Plus Contract

So here we go again. This is at least the second time we have called for service under our 3 year Samsung Protection Plus contract to get service for our washer/dryer. This time it was the dryer and my wife spent an eternity on the phone with a basically clueless clerk who kept asking the same questions after she had answered them. She finally got him to issue a repair ticket and two days later we get a call from a local service company who tells us the dryer is out of warranty and they would charge us for the service call and any repairs. When we said we had an extended warranty, they told us we needed to contact Samsung. What ? Same thing happened the last time we called about a problem with the washer. Samsung outsources their extended warranty plans and apparently must not care whether the company that actually handles service calls is competent to do so. Also, the extended warranty company doesn't even make repair appointments for service. They tell you a local repair company will contact you within 48 hours, but then the company calls and says they don't know anything about an extended warranty. So lesson learned. DON'T BUY SAMSUNG PROTECTION PLUS SERVICE PLANS. By the way, Samsung makes great TVs and phones, but not so much washers and dryers.

2 REPLIES 2
Highlighted
Supernova

Re: Samsung Protection Plus Contract

@rl0008 

Hope you are doing well, my friend!

Sorry to hear about this issue with our support and Samsung product.

This forum is technical support community consisting mostly of Samsung users and fans. We can't help with account information or things like order updates. In this case I'd encourage you to reach out to Samsung support for assistance.

Inside the US? --> https://www.samsung.com/us/support/contact/

Outside the US? --> https://www.samsung.com/us/common/visitlocationsite.html

--

Please click " ✓ Accept as Solution" if this reply solved your issue or pointed you in the right direction. Click the heart to let me know your appreciation! 

Notification emails do not accept replies. Login to the community to respond to this thread.
Highlighted
Astronaut

Re: Samsung Protection Plus Contract

We are in the exact same boat - under 3 years - we have the Flex washer and dryer. We are just outside of Seattle. Cannot get any agent to get us a service date - this is the 15th day we have called - over 3 1/2 hours on the phone. The previous repair took over 40 hours on the phone and at least 6 service calls. Each agent says the agent before made mistakes, I've been referred to "upper management" that doesn't call back in 48 hours, they've issued 3 different ticket numbers in the 15 days. Still don't have a service date and today's agent said for sure she has it handled and I will be called back in 84 hours - 3 1/2 days....