cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
Constellation

Samsung R1 can't connect to Wifi

Hi there.

My Samsung R1 can’t detect or connect to wifi.

My router, BT Smarthub 6 is working fine. Using 2.4 GHz wireless connection only at the moment.

I have downloaded Multiroom app. I try to set up the speaker and app says ‘Found your speaker’. After entering the password it is unable to connect.

Important note, the "Wi-fi" what you can see on the screen is not my wireless connection.

Multiroom App is giving me another option to set up the speaker.

After connecting to the speaker's wireless network and returning to the app, I can not click on continue.

Summary: Bluetooth is working. App is able to find speaker. Can not set up wireless connection.

There is no problem with my router. My phone is working just fine. Router, speaker, my phone they are all in the same room. 

My phone: iPhone - iOS 13.3

Multiroom App - Version 4132

Other Samsung Smart Speaker 360 owners had similar issues and found out the only solution was using an older iOS version for setting up Wireless connection.

Multiroom app has been updated over one year. If that's the case, let me know what are my options to group two Samsung WAM1500/XU R1 speakers. As far as I can see it is only possible via your Multiroom app which is not working.

Any help is much appreciatedIMG_4215.pngIMG_4216.pngIMG_4217.pngIMG_4218.pngIMG_4219.png

9 REPLIES 9
Highlighted
Asteroid

This is my first smart phone. When I try to connect to Wi...

This is my first smart phone. When I try to connect to WiFi I don't know how to find the connections password

Highlighted
Asteroid

Please help

Please help

Highlighted
Samsung Moderator
Samsung Moderator

Re: Samsung R1 can't connect to Wifi

Thank you for this information! This forum is for support of US products and customers. As your product is a non-US model and support for these models is very limited, please seek a support team for your area. You can do so by using this link: http://www.samsung.com/visitcountry  Thanks!

Be sure to click " ✓ Accept as Solution" when you find an answer that works for you.

Please note, notification emails are a DO NOT REPLY address, you must log-in on the community page in order to respond.

Highlighted
Asteroid

I have the same issue and I'm in the US. Seems IOS13 is not compatible at all. I have two R1 bricks at home that wont connect to WIFI and the app has not been updated in over a year.

Highlighted
Constellation

I am in US and my 3 R1 speakers stop working, and when I tried to reconnect I have the same probleme mentioned about. My iphone and ipad are running in the lastest iOS version. At this moment I have 3 useless expensive speakers waiting for somebody make his/her job updating the application. 0 starts samsung costumer/product  service.

Highlighted
Constellation

Has this been fixed yet????

Highlighted
Asteroid

Not yet. I have the same problem with R3's. Apparently our friend @SamsungCaleb is more interested in keeping his forum perfectly clean than solving any problems! He deleted one of my posts of a sincere ask for help, and chastised someone above for not being a US customer. SMH

#nevervbuyingsamsungagain

Highlighted
Constellation

I've been struggling with my speakers trying to get them to connect to my WiFi for quite a while.  I've gone through all the steps that Samsung has posted.  I finally got my speakers to connect to the correct WiFi today.  I was trying to connect using my Iphone 11 running IOS 13.3.1.  I grabbed an old IPad running IOS 9.3.5 and tried setting up the WiFi by holding the button on the bottom of the speaker for 5 seconds as directed by Samsung and it worked!  After getting the speakers all on the correct WiFi and named on the Ipad, I went back to my phone and all the speakers now show up in my MultiRoom App.  So incredibly frustrating, but working now!

Highlighted
Asteroid

Thank you thank you thank you to Samsung!!  App update last night and setup for WiFi connect works today!!! Wahoooo (04/14/2020)