Original topic:

Samsung Smart Places Hiya Discontinued

(Topic created: 12-02-2021 12:25 PM)
user_ams007
Samsung Care Ambassador
Options
Samsung Apps and Services
Hi everybody just wanted to pass on some Information about the Samsung Smart Places Hiya feature. As of the New Android 12 One UI 4.0 update the Hiya Partnership has been Discontinued, please see the attached link for further information on details, 

11 Replies
Calder-Cay
Honored Contributor
Options
And?

What does it mean?
0 Likes
user_ams007
Samsung Care Ambassador
Options
The Hiya feature was a smart caller ID application that automatically shows the business name and website and it also provided spam protection for the phone app
0 Likes
user_ams007
Samsung Care Ambassador
Options
If you open your phone app and then look at any number that has called you or you called, the caller ID information is no longer available Hiya provided an accurate description of the number calling you and also prevented spoof calling
0 Likes
Calder-Cay
Honored Contributor
Options
Thanks ... I still see "Hiya" references in my phone app.
0 Likes
user_ams007
Samsung Care Ambassador
Options
Can you see it on new calls or just older ones?
0 Likes
Calder-Cay
Honored Contributor
Options
I see it on a call from Nov 29 , same day I upgraded to A12 ... will see if more recent calls are tagged
0 Likes
user_ams007
Samsung Care Ambassador
Options
Thanks, it was a very useful feature
0 Likes
user_ams007
Samsung Care Ambassador
Options
Users who are running Android 11 are still able to use the Hiya feature, not sure why it was Discontinued possibly Samsung is designing an in house application or a different partnership
0 Likes
PamA02S
Constellation
Options
When something is going along smoothly, not giving any problems, they'll cancel it everytime. Then turn around and add pieces of crape that's a constant issue, and needs updating every other day.
Pamela H Friar
0 Likes