JUMP TO SOLUTION Solved

Original topic:

Samsung Trade-in Program & Samsung Care ➕️ is unfair to consumers.

(Topic created: 02-22-2022 11:27 AM)
Xplicit
Asteroid
Options
Samsung Apps and Services
As someone that has been so faithful to samsung devices for many years I'm starting to feel like they don't care at all about the consumers at all. I rarely ever complain about anything, but when it seems too unfair I feel like I should say something.. First I'll start with the fact that if u decide to use your Fold 3 that u paid $1700 for just 6 months ago as a trade in for the new galaxy S 22 Ultra, get ready to come out ur pocket over $300 or over $400 and more because thay are ONLY giving u $900 as a trade in value for your "Premium" device. Even less with a cracked screen. And this was the price as of the promotional discount so who knows what u will get for it now, I haven't checked back after being disgusted by the first check. Just a heads up for those that this may apply to if thinking of this option. You will probably be better off selling your phone and using that money to buy the new phone. U may even make a profit. The option is yours. Secondly, this is about Samsung Care :heavy_plus_sign:️. If you have the Galaxy Fold/Flip 3, it is considered Premium, insurance says its a tier 4 device which has the highest deductible. Fair enough so far right? This is where my problem comes in. If u have a Crack front screen, the price is $249. If ur inner screen has a cracked, it's $249. If they have to replace the entire phone, it's $249. If you want to mail it in for repair, it's $249. If u rather do a walk in so that u don't have to mail out the device and be without a phone to a fix it store that THEY recommended and technicians to diagnose and repair, it's $249. But if I call that "SAME" fix it store for a repair of repairing a cracked screen, the price is just a little over $100. How?? So I'm paying a yearly suscription for a premium insurance that charges me more for a screen replacement at a fix it shop they use than what the same fix it shop would charge me if I contacted them directly without my so-called "Premium Insurance"?? That math don't add up correctly in my eyes.. .And the customer service woman I spoke to just rudely says it's a tier 4 device which is why it cost $249, I told her they know what phone it is and still it's way cheaper, at the SAME place you recommended. She then rudely says we'll you can explore other options but using insurance this is the ONLY option. She clearly forgot about the option to opt out of this deceiving, unreliable and unfair insurance.. which is what I'm going to do. So I just wanted to put that out there for anyone who it may help. This may be a good deal for a lost/stolen phone, but as for repairs? I suggest contacting the store directly instead of using the so call great samsung care + insurance you pay for that's supposed help reduce the price and headache of repairs to consumers, but instead charge for a insurance that charges you a higher deductible than the cost of fixing the device.. 
2 Replies
Siguardlaxy8
Galaxy
Options
I totally know how you feel about $900 to trade in z fold 3 after paying $2k is absurd. It is Almost the Same price as note 20 which is 2 years old? Plus, memory capacity doesn't matter.
Yet, I see people trading z fold 3 and happy with $900. They said "I only paid $1000 for it when it came out". No, stupid! You paid $2000 because you had trade-ins
Solution
SamsungRei
Samsung Moderator
Samsung Moderator
Options

Hello, Trading in a device can be confusing and frustrating. For questions or concerns regarding trade-ins you will need to contact the E-commerce Team as they are the only team with the necessary resources to assist you. They may be reached by calling 1-855-726-8721. I apologize for any inconvenience.

Be sure to click " ✓ Accept as Solution" when you find an answer that works for you.

Please note, notification emails are a DO NOT REPLY address, you must log-in on the community page in order to respond.