Original topic:

Samsung Update 30.0.66.0 Additional Service Package required

(Topic created: 07-28-2021 02:17 PM)
useruTAirypBQ4
Constellation
Options
Samsung Apps and Services

Hello,

I have a Galaxy Book Flex 15.6" w/12 GB RAM. The operating system is Windows 10 Home, Version 21H1, OS Build 19043.1110. I have the latest Samsung Update Version from the Microsoft Store (30.0.66.0).

When I run Samsung Update, it gives me the message: "Samsung Update not responding

An additional service package must be installed for Samsung Update to work properly. Do you want to download the installation file now?"

It gives me two options: "OK" and "Cancel". Either option causes the program to immediately terminate.

I tried to find and install the additional service package myself, but I couldn't find any mention of it. The only other person I could find with this issue had his problem solved by a new version instead of the service package.

I also tried to reinstall Samsung Update, but the issue persisted on the fresh install.

On a possibly related note, I get a notification that my PC needs to be restarted to finish installing a Samsung Firmware Update, but restarting it doesn't actually complete the update. The update also doesn't show under Windows Update.

How can I get this program working properly again?

0 Likes

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Solution
musepharaoh
Comet
Options
Reset the device so all the services and programs will automatically reinstall themselves. You must reset through samsung recovery app though because windows reset will not give you all the samsung features you want.

View solution in context

0 Likes
2 Replies
Solution
musepharaoh
Comet
Options
Reset the device so all the services and programs will automatically reinstall themselves. You must reset through samsung recovery app though because windows reset will not give you all the samsung features you want.

View solution in context

0 Likes
Baronmist
Constellation
Options

IS there a way to do it without resetting the device? It's absurd

0 Likes