Original topic:

Samsung Wallet - Connection Error

(Topic created: 06-23-2022 03:35 AM)
Options
Samsung Apps and Services
So, Samsung has begun rolling out the Wallet app which is fine..... but why is it being rolled out without the ability to actually use it's primary function which payment? All of my cards from Samsung Pay appear to have migrated over but they can't be used. They all say they need to be activated. When I try to activate them, I get a Connection Error message and the same goes for try to add new payment cards. 
9 Replies
DanG92263
Black Hole
Options
Honestly, I think it's an error. Some people here are complaining that they can't add a new card to Samsung Pay either. I think they're trying to unravel the financial web that is Samsung Pay and migrate it to Samsung Wallet.

Myself, I use Google Pay and a password app. Enpass, on my phone, so I don't see myself switching to Samsung Wallet. Only Samsung Pay is available on the Watch4, so it's there, if I want it. It works.

Recently, with all this discussion of Samsung Pay and Wallet, I've tried downloading and installing Samsung Pay. It downloads and installs, but when I hit 'Get Started' nothing happens. Samsung Wallet isn't available to me yet.
Gearjunkie340
Astronaut
Options
I heard the official roll-out is June 24th so maybe it's not quite ready yet? Software updates coming hopefully.
Options
Which is fine. I'm okay with that however, that means they shouldn't have made the update accessible in the app store before it's time when they know if someone sees something new or if their apps are set to auto update then they're going to update. If you release it, it should work. P.S: the 24th has come and gone and it still doesn't work. 😥
notforhire
Red Giant
Options
I use Samsung Pass (and Pay). This morning, I was prompted from the Pass app to update to Wallet.

Long story short, had no issues. I'll use it here in a couple of hours to buy a drink at a C-store and see if I have any issues. Will update this post at that time.

UPDATE: Wallet worked just fine. Obviously, my cards all migrated over and didn't have to be reauthorized.
Options
I uninstalled and reinstalled and most functions are working now except for a few cards that are refusing to activate and import.
0 Likes
Azpt22
Astronaut
Options
So I uninstalled Samsung wallet then went into the play store and reinstalled Samsung pay. I then updated it to wallet and signed in.... It worked!
Options
I ended up doing the same. The only the thing I'm finding now is that all of my other imported bank cards are working except for one specific bank and I have no idea. It's not the cards themselves as all the info is accurate. I get a connection error on them when selecting the activate button, even though all others activated just fine. Also, three of my membership cards refuse to import but the other five did. I don't understand why.
0 Likes
userzMjOxrOOui
Astronaut
Options
  • I have done all of this troubleshooting and still cannot connect to server. Still says server failed. I also cannot claim my available cash back. This is ridiculous. The old system worked fine and yall make me update and its garbage. It also kicked my American express card off as well. I also cannot add cards. This is after clearing cache and then memory. I will try to uninstall and reinstall next and let yall know what happens.
Brad240
Constellation
Options

After 100 tries (like those below) finally got all the cards back... and working on Samsung wallet with phone & watch.     

Oddly.... NOTHING works with the new Google Pay/Wallet now.    Everything looks fine on the phone (after adding cards), but cannot transact at a merchant.    Watch4 will not add cards.       Google Pay wont' even transact on a PC Browser.        

All work fine with Samsung Pay..... so I've given up on Google Wallet.   I've spend hours on the phone... honestly... they have no clue what is wrong.