Original topic:

Samsung Watch3

(Topic created on: 1/14/21 7:19 AM)
userPACniGELPW
Constellation
Options
Samsung Apps and Services

Don't buy this watch.  While it is the best watch on the market for tracking flights of stairs, you can not trust Samsung.  Overnight they removed the feature where you could track your flights of stairs from the Samsung Health App.  No explanation was given.  This feature could have been added or deleted from the list of things that the user tracked.   But some developer simply deleted it.  The Samsung Health app's design was always poor because it probably was designed by someone who didn't use the Samsung Watches.   A user should have been able to add or delete what they track.  I don't plan to ever count glasses of water.   I want the Samsung app to only report what my Samsung watch is tracking.  But other people may feel differently, so give us both the ability to add or delete functions, not some programmer.   If you detect that I am angry, you are missing that I am furious. Every hour of the day, I will be reminded that I bought a new Samsung watch because I trusted Samsung that I could use this watch and their software to track my flights.  So when I replace the thousands of dollars worth of TV's I own and in a few months when I buy a couple of new phones, I won't be buying Samsung.   When a company adds a feature, that is one decision.  BUT when they delete something, they better have a good reason for doing so, and in this case, they do NOT. 

2 Replies
Bhavesh
Asteroid
Options
I am not happy with few changes they did in current release. Macros missing, weight graphs missing etc
userPACniGELPW
Constellation
Options

Since I'm steamed about Samsung Watch and their software it might be of concern to someone that I bought one of these Samsung Watches from Samsung, as opposed to from Verizon, because I was hoping I could track her if she got lost.  She has Alzheimer's.  The Galaxy3 Watch could not be tracked because Verizon disabled that feature with their bloatware.  So this watch was supposed to solve that problem.  Turns out Verizon can't communicate with this watch.  I have to have an account with T-mobile to be able to track this watch.  Has anyone in Samsung ever thought about getting the hardware and the software folks in the same room?  Has anyone in Samsung ever thought about asking the users what they like and don't like about the watch and more importantly the software? 

This is a wonderful piece of hardware.  The software inside of the watch is excellent as well.  The problem comes with what to do with the data the watch is generating.  

One example: this watch tells me the steps and flights of stairs.  So why not put that data up on a website where I can display 7 day or 14 day or 30 day moving averages. 

It also tracks how fast I travel distances why isn't that data used?  It can calculate my blood pressure why isn't that data used?  

There are three major competitors looking at the health market: Google, Apple and Amazon.  If Samsung wanted to compete they could form an alliance with Withings (blood pressure cuff, scale, and sleep monitoring) and they would dominate the other three.  But they have to stop screwing over their users, and then decide they want to be a player in this market.  Then they could have an open-source version of the Mirror and similar products.   This market is just starting.  Google has no hardware, Amazon's product is inferior to the hardware and software of Samsung, Apple is too expensive, and Apple for those of us who like Android that says it all.  

0 Likes