Original topic:

Samsung Website Won't Allow Purchases

(Topic created: 11-30-2021 12:24 PM)
userS6X0hgkYn8
Astronaut
Options
Samsung Apps and Services

I attempted to purchase two tablets for the Cyber Monday sale.  At first, when I attempted to add two different tablets (S7 and S7+) it would only add one of the tablets twice instead of the two different items.  When I would try to delete one, it would delete both.  Then, I tried adding just one item; when I would go to add it, I kept getting an error "We are unable to process your request at this time. Please try again after a few minutes. Sorry for the inconvenience." 
I reached out to a customer service rep through chat and she tried multiple things, including attempting to add it to the cart for me and generate a secure cart checkout, but it wouldn't allow her to add anything as well. She sent me a cart link twice with nothing in it.  She stated she would send this to the tech team and that I could expect and email the next day with the secure cart checkout and guaranteed they would honor the Cyber Monday pricing (I even have a screenshot of one of the tablet prices as proof of what it should be; I was not doing a trade-in so the price is just the device, no trade-in and a 3 year warranty).  
Today, still no email and the price went up by over $200.  Just to see if things were corrected, I attempted to add one of the tablets to my cart and got the exact same warning: "We are unable to process your request at this time. Please try again after a few minutes. Sorry for the inconvenience."  
I reached out to the support team again and the associate also tried to fix the issue with no luck.  It was submitted to the higher ups for review, and again was told that they would honor the Cyber Monday pricing, but at this point I am not sure I will even get an email response about it.
The site still isn't allowing me to add any tablet and I have tried all possible combinations; I cleared my browsing history/cache, tried from multiple devices (phone, computer, husband's phone, kid's IPad... no luck)

1 Reply
Sy00365
Astronaut
Options
Samsung Apps and Services
I think you should try the purchase without the "extended warranty". I've had that addition, cause me previous grief when trying to "check-out". Also, don't worry about the product being covered, as you can pick a few different , "Samsung Care+" plans. These plans are awesome, comprehensive, and easy to make claims with. If removing the warranty doesn't push the purchase thru, attempt the purchase while logged into a different Samsung account, or without an account all-together. If that doesn't work, try the purchase from a separate device, first, logged into your account, and then, not logged in. This will inform you whether you have an account, or device issue. In the almost impossible circumstance that none of the aforementioned methods allow for the purchase, try loading and checking out with any random product, different from the one giving you the trouble. Do this while logged-in, then not logged-in. If you're able to purchase, "Anything else", while logged in, the issue is with the item. If you have success, not logged-in, the issue is with the account, and obviously, if it only works on a separate device, (highly unlikely), you have a device issue. GOOD LUCK
0 Likes