Original topic:

Knox protection

(Topic created: 12-27-2022 12:08 PM)
AliWright
Comet
Options
Samsung Apps and Services
My norton expires on the 4th Jan. I'm wondering do we really have knox protection on our phones?or should I keep paying for Norton?
Thank you!
Ali

NOW HOW TO LEARN USING THIS ,LOL!

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Solution
KennewickMan
Black Hole
Options
I wouldn't pay for any of it for my devices.

Google Play Protect already scans your phone and apps you install from the play store.

3rd party software for phone protection is almost pointless and drains your phone's resources.

I wouldn't invest money in phone protection software.

View solution in context

13 Replies
Solution
KennewickMan
Black Hole
Options
I wouldn't pay for any of it for my devices.

Google Play Protect already scans your phone and apps you install from the play store.

3rd party software for phone protection is almost pointless and drains your phone's resources.

I wouldn't invest money in phone protection software.
me704
Astronaut
Options
Thank you!
KennewickMan
Black Hole
Options
Anytime!
AliWright
Comet
Options
Thank you! Didn't know that. Then I wont!
Options
I'm only keeping Norton because I use workplaces or public WiFi the majority all the time. To fully protect my device against online threats and malicious websites. I rely on Norton to protect my device and privacy.

VPN is needed in today's world. Yes, Samsung has one to offer. But I rely on Norton's advanced VPN with all the bells and Whistles.

And the Security built-in your Samsung device is Powered by McAfee. So basically a third-party app is helping or protecting your device and not Knox by itself.

Knox Its most basic function is to protect sensitive data including passwords, PINs, fingerprints, and face unlock. It also guards your device against malware, malicious apps, and intrusion

Add another layer of protection keeping Norton

Norton is aware of the dangers of the internet and wants to protect its users while they browse the web. This is why it employs layered security to provide comprehensive protection. These include Wi-Fi Security, Web Protection, Link Guard, Safe Search, and Wi-Fi Privacy

For me I have Norton 360 with Life Lock it scans for my info on the Dark websites and Black Markets. Your passwords and email address are the first to be exposed in these places
AliWright
Comet
Options
Yea,I've had Norton 360 for a long time.. locked into a deal..
Your info is appreciated very much..thank you!🤔🤔
KennewickMan
Black Hole
Options
I uninstalled McAfee. Only play Protect. I've never used phone security apps and haven't had issues. For corporate or business use, I understand, but for the average everyday user, I don't feel it's necessary.
Jetster
Comet
Options
Knox is available and it works
AliWright
Comet
Options
It's already built in,isn't it?
0 Likes