Original topic:

Samsung app Ads must stop....

(Topic created: 06-10-2021 09:50 AM)
tom2044
Astronaut
Options
Samsung Apps and Services
Dear Samsung, I am a huge fan but recently all the ads that are baked into your apps is disturbing. You sell millions (maybe billions) of phones each year, its just a cash grab that you dont need. I open weather? AD! Open Samsung Members (this app!!) AD! Samsung Music? AD! and so on and so forth.... If it is frustrating for me I can only imagine how it must be for someone spending $2,000+ on a Z-Fold2. PLEASE STOP THIS. I dont care how it happens, in a software update, or next version of One Ui. It just needs to stop. 
8 Replies
Shayshon
Comet
Options
Hello, ads are only in apps or widgets.. but they are not in the samsung one ui or android

Cheers,
Shayshon
0 Likes
tom2044
Astronaut
Options
Thats true. Theoretically they could push an update to their apps and remove ads without an OS update
0 Likes
Shayshon
Comet
Options
A lot of apps have ads, just because it's samsung doesn't mean your exempt.

Cheers,
Shayshon
0 Likes
mikeyboy78
Astronaut
Options
How do you factor rest your account
0 Likes
tom2044
Astronaut
Options
I'm all for devs putting ads in their apps, however this is Samsung they make these apps and don't need the cash. You don't see Apple putting ads in their iOS apps. These are major companys that have enough money to make these app for the consumers who buy their phones. If you spend $1,000+ on an iPhone you don't get ads like that in the apps apple makes. but if you buy for example a $2,000+ Z-Fold2 you get ads in the apps Samsung makes.
0 Likes
Andytheman
Comet
Options
Developers put ads in so you don't have to pay for the app. Most don't have a problem with that but some developers ads take up half the screens or are too numerous.
As far as Samsung goes, we buy the phone with accessories and I don't think they should be advertising anything. my Boost Mobile and my Sprint have no ads. I pay a monthly fee they don't need ads. Samsung is not an app
0 Likes
tom2044
Astronaut
Options
Exactly. I buy their phone and then other products in the ecosystem. I already see enough ads the last thing I want is an ad in basic built in apps, especially after I've spent a fairly large amount of money on their product ecosystem... it's like if you bought a new car but everytime you got in a ad played trying to get you to upgrade something in it. A slap in the face if you ask me especially (like I said) you just spent a fairly large amount of money on their products
0 Likes
Diaboyos
Supernova
Options
I'm forced to agree. If a Samsung app is being used on a Samsung device there should be no ads.