JUMP TO SOLUTION Solved

Original topic:

Samsung browser permission

(Topic created: 03-30-2023 07:17 AM)
user8DukY8uEpF
Asteroid
Options
Galaxy S23

The browser is asking for location permissions on every page I open or every search I perform. I've given it 0 permission and full permission this still happens. Doesn't happen on my other devices, only the S23 ultra. It's pretty annoying. 

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Solution
SamsungModerator1
Community Manager
Community Manager
Options
Galaxy S23

I apologize that did not work. 
There may be an ad blocker enabled or and add-on enabled causing this pop up request. 
I recommend attempting to use a different browser. 
Also, a third party may be causing this error. Please attempt to put unit in safe mode by following the steps below. 

1.Press and hold the Power button until the 'Power off' prompt appears on the screen then release.
2.Touch and hold Power off until the 'Safe mode' prompt appears then release.
3.To confirm, select Safe mode by using volume keys. 
4. Upon reboot, 'Safe mode' appears in the lower-left of the unlock / Home screen.

Lastly, I recommend a factory reset your device. This feature will completely erase your personal information and data to make your phone a clean slate. 

Important: Please save any information you need prior to the factory reset because your personal information may not be recovered. 

Before you perform a factory reset, be sure to back up your personal data, so you don't lose it all. Give this link a try for steps to factory reset and back up your device: https://www.samsung.com/us/support/answer/ANS00062029/

View solution in context

4 Replies
Samsung_Moderator
Community Manager
Community Manager
Options
Galaxy S23

Hello, Welcome to the Community. We understand how frustrating it to not be able to access content due to a permissions message. 

Just to clarify, you have already gone to Settings>Apps>Samsung Internet>Permissions, and enabled all permissions?

Have you tried clearing the app cache? https://www.samsung.com/us/support/answer/ANS00077611/

0 Likes
user8DukY8uEpF
Asteroid
Options
Galaxy S23
Yeah, doesn't work. I said that in my initial post. On my S21 ultra I didn't give permission for my location and this never happened. And it shouldn't ever happen. Any website that wants to know my location will have a section for me to enter my zip code. It's been that way for years.
0 Likes
user8DukY8uEpF
Asteroid
Options
Galaxy S23
That doesn't work.
0 Likes
Solution
SamsungModerator1
Community Manager
Community Manager
Options
Galaxy S23

I apologize that did not work. 
There may be an ad blocker enabled or and add-on enabled causing this pop up request. 
I recommend attempting to use a different browser. 
Also, a third party may be causing this error. Please attempt to put unit in safe mode by following the steps below. 

1.Press and hold the Power button until the 'Power off' prompt appears on the screen then release.
2.Touch and hold Power off until the 'Safe mode' prompt appears then release.
3.To confirm, select Safe mode by using volume keys. 
4. Upon reboot, 'Safe mode' appears in the lower-left of the unlock / Home screen.

Lastly, I recommend a factory reset your device. This feature will completely erase your personal information and data to make your phone a clean slate. 

Important: Please save any information you need prior to the factory reset because your personal information may not be recovered. 

Before you perform a factory reset, be sure to back up your personal data, so you don't lose it all. Give this link a try for steps to factory reset and back up your device: https://www.samsung.com/us/support/answer/ANS00062029/