cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
Constellation

Samsung email - duplicate sent items

Just recently, I started getting duplicate emails in my Sent folder when I send an email.  I hadn't made any changes to my settings for ages, so I don't think it's something that I did.  I have an IMAP setup with a yahoo.ca email address.  It was automatically configured by the phone.  I've cleared the cache, deleted the app and reinstalled, and deleted and reset up the account.  I also attempted a manual setup but it would not let me do that once it identified that it was a yahoo account.  Any ideas?

Model Number SM-G973W, Android version 9, One UI version 1.1, carrier is Virgin Mobile

9 REPLIES 9
Highlighted
Samsung Moderator
Samsung Moderator

Re: Samsung email - duplicate sent items

Hi there, it looks like you don't have a US model device. I would recommend reaching out to the support team in the country where your device was purchased so they can give you accurate troubleshooting steps for your device. You can find their contact information via this link: http://www.samsung.com/visitcountry

Be sure to click " ✓ Accept as Solution" when you find an answer that works for you.

Please note, notification emails are a DO NOT REPLY address, you must log-in on the community page in order to respond.

Highlighted
Constellation

I 'm having the exact same issue with my Rogers email account on my Galaxy S7.   (Rogers uses the Yahoo email platform.)  I tried all the same steps as you did, but still have the problem.  And, as in your case, it started recently.  These duplicates show up when sending emails from my Rogers Yahoo account using both the Samsung email app and the Gmail app. However, I do not have this duplicate issue when sending emails from my Google account in either app.  I've also tried using the Yahoo Mail app - I don't get duplicates sending from either my Rogers Yahoo or Gmail accounts when using this app.  How wierd!

Samsung email app:

(a) Sending emails from my Rogers Yahoo account:  duplicates in Sent folder

(b) Sending emails from my Gmail account: no duplicates in Sent folder

Gmail app:

(a) Sending emails from my Rogers Yahoo account:  duplicates in Sent folder

Yahoo Mail app:

(a) Sending emails from my Rogers Yahoo account:  no duplicates in Sent folder

I called Rogers tech support.  They think this is a software/app issue and not a server problem, since there's no issue with duplicates using the Yahoo Mail app.  Samsung, are you listening?

Highlighted
Constellation

I contacted Samsung customer service in Canada - they told me to do what I had already done, then remotely took control of my phone and did it again, and then told me to contact Yahoo or my provider.  Like you, I tried the Yahoo app to see what would happen and it is working fine .. no duplicates.   But I really don't like the app and the annoying advertising so it would be nice to get the Samsung stock email app working properly.  I've done some searches online to see if Yahoo/Rogers users are having issues on other devices, but don't see anything.  

Highlighted
Constellation

Totally agree with you about the ads on Yahoo Mail. The main reasons I like the stock Samsung email app is its simplicity and, most importantly, that you can select to have only certain (VIP) senders notify you when you receive emails from them, rather than have notifications going off all day from every email you receive. I'm going to search for another email app that has this feature. If I find one, I'll post here. Good luck. 

Highlighted
Astronaut

Same problem here. I have several phones configured on the same yahoo mail account (older samsungs and newer Huawei). Only the built-in email app on my Galaxy A40 duplicates my sent e-mails. It is obviously a bug in Samsung's app.

Constellation

So, my Samsung Galaxy S7 stock email app has been having the same issue since installing the August Android 8.0 quarterly update that rolled out to me from Verizon  on October 17, 2019.  In fact, it happens with only my AOL email accounts on any email client, except the AOL app itself.  I too have done all troubleshooting with the phone and escalated tech support with Verizon, AOL, Samsung, but can't reach Google.  Everyone acts mystified!  I would really like this to be addressed.  If anyone has any more information, please share!

Highlighted
Astronaut

I'm having the same issue with stock email app on my S9 aol email account 🤨

Highlighted
Samsung Moderator
Samsung Moderator

Have you tried removing your AOL account, force stopping and clearing the cache and data for the Samsung members app, wiping the cache partition, then re-adding your e-mail address?

Be sure to click " ✓ Accept as Solution" when you find an answer that works for you.

Please note, notification emails are a DO NOT REPLY address, you must log-in on the community page in order to respond.

Highlighted
Constellation

Same problem.  Every email sent thru my Galaxy S9 using my AT&T email address and stock email app has two emails go to my sent folder.  Any other email account from any other device (Gmail, Outlook...) everything is fine.  Only problem is AT&T emails sent from samsung Galaxy S9.