JUMP TO SOLUTION Solved

Original topic:

Samsung financing

(Topic created: 10-01-2020 08:25 AM)
Archit
Astronaut
Options
Samsung Apps and Services

I m surprised to see how a company like samsung has a terrible financing program. They are partnered with TD Bank and the customer service number they gave me to call is the worst. Any suggestions how to get hold to them??

18 Replies
useriRdSVSweR8
Asteroid
Options

Yesterday I just received my first invoice.  It has a late fee on it for $22.37.  I tried calling serveral numbers for customer service.  I have spent hours on hold and emailed.  This morning I received an email response that I need to call their 800 customer support.  What a joke.  I am really frustrated and calling Samsung on results in them telling me they are sorry.  They can only help with techinical issues with the products not Samsung Finanacing. 

userhUIlBID4uB
Astronaut
Options

I am experiencing a sever issue of getting in contact with Samsung financing!!! I just purchased their new Samsung Galaxy Note 20 Ultra with approval of going through their financing options!

When it comes time to contact them to setup up monthly payments through my banking institution, there is no way to contact them over the telephone!!!

I have spoken to their technical support team and I was able to converse with a woman whom was so nice in saying that due to the ongoing pandemic that there is not enogh staff available within samsung finance to take calls!

She has advised that i speak directly with the E-Commerce department at the following telephone number, 1-855.726.8721. 

As I write this very message I am awaiting a telephone call from the E-Commerce department which was personally setup up by the technical support personnel to help me with the issue!!

I don't think Samsung properly advised individuals that visits their websites to open an account with Samsung Financing that there would be sever issues raeching out to that specific team due to the pandemic!!!

This is not great customer service in purchasing such an expensive cellphone to get such treatment!! 

amalam
Constellation
Options

As you all probably know, none of the above solutions  work. So I had to think out of the box to resolve this issue. I was finslly able to access my samsung financing account online and was able to get my full account number! Here's the trick how you can too:

1. Call the automated hotline and select the option to change your address. 

2. Then enter your present address including apartment number and everything. 

3. Now you know that your address is correctly saved in the system. 

4. Now select the other option that allows you to request paper copies of your statement. I requested 3months of statement but 1 is fine.

5. Finally!!! After all these hassle, you will see your requested statement(s) along with your full account number. Now you can enroll and register in the online portal using your full account information from the statement. 

Enjoy and thank me later!!

useratPgILXcTq
Constellation
Options

I'm glad to hear you found some success in figuring out a way to retrieve your full account number.

But what exactly do you mean by "automated hotline"? How do I find it?

And how exactly do I "select the option to change your address"? Which numbers do I press to get there?

I am having the same problem with Samsung Financing/TD Bank, and I'd appreciate the clarity.

0 Likes
useraSYCoPdaDc
Constellation
Options

Worst Customer service i've ever experienced. Just wasted 4.5 hours trying to fix the same issue and no one seemed able to help. they forwarded me to TD but they won't help me without an account number. I also requested that they resend the mail and they flat out ignored me when i asked. I spoke with 7 different representatives and never got any kind of help whatsoever.

eserranol
Constellation
Options

It is terrible. TD Bank is just so bad. I can't understand why Samsung partners with companies like that. What a way to erode the prestige of their brand.

useruY8LFXcd0g
Constellation
Options

Thank you for all of the above suggestions. I actually have a credit with TD, can not get through to a human, can not reset my account as they do not recognize the number that they assigned to me.  Can not close the account.  I am seriously never going to buy from Samsung again.  I would rather deal with Sprint's people than Samsung direct ever again. So frustrating.

user8l8upkahsc
Constellation
Options

I agree with all the comments because Samsung being a company which makes flagship devices we would understand getting a top customer service but I agree that TD bank is the Worst at customer service and also in responding by email that they will not assist me via email and to reach out to the customer service number which they have provided because I used Profane language when someone is frustrated and use Profane language there is a reason behind it . SAMSUNG REALLY NEEDS TO START EVALUATING OTHER OPTIONS OF GIVING PEOPLE WHO SPEND CLOSE TO $2000 ON A PHONE TO SEE HOW THEY CAN HAVE A WONDERFUL CUSTOMER EXPERIENCE WHICH IS NOT JUST THE BUYING PROCESS BUT ALL THE WAY TILL THE PERSON DECIDES TO LEAVE THE BRAND BECAUSE OF A CRAPPY BANK THEY USE. 

userGG0O8A4omT
Constellation
Options

TD is the worst, this will be the last time I use Samsung Finance!

0 Likes