Original topic:

Samsung has some of the best apps , but.....

(Topic created: 07-18-2021 10:45 AM)
Brad_Riggs
Astronaut
Options
Samsung Apps and Services
I truly feel that Samsung's apps are so much more Superior than other apps that are out, from the calculator app to the messages app. Having said that I do have some issues with one little thing and it would make a huge difference. 
Why is it that Samsung's stock apps are starting to feel more and more like bloatware? The ads in these apps are starting to get ridiculous, I can understand seeing ads in Samsung shopping app, i am shopping, I should see ads. but, why is an ad at the top of Samsung Health app. It makes it feel like bloatware. I promise you I've never bought anything due to an ad inside of the app, more often than not I will uninstall because it feels like bloatware. 

This might seem small but it would make a huge difference. 
When showing my phone to someone else that might have a oh say a "fruitier brand" it looks like I downloaded the free version of the app.
Not good.

Just a thought.
8 Replies
Options
Yea... I posted about this previously and I heavily agree. I hope they really do something about this because since the S5, their apps have changed a lot and I never experienced issues like these besides the infamous TouchWiz. Everything you say about this is correct.
yoooooooooooo
Nebula
Options
Samsung apps suck. Every google app is better
0 Likes
styolie
Astronaut
Options
I agree with you there should not be ads while you're shopping or playing games when you're in the middle of doing something you don't want to watch ads
Diaboyos
Supernova
Options
I think pretty much everyone agrees that Samsung apps shouldn't show ads if they're being used on Samsung devices.
SelfProclaimedBest
Red Giant
Options
Ehhh... well Samsung health is not a preloaded factory app and can be Uninstalled so it's a store downloaded considered user app even if your phone auto grabbed it via the down load manager or whatever so that's why it has ads... your native phone dialer, messages, camera, clock, etc do not have ads since support for the development is not needed and would be better used anyway by adding them to their customization feature per individual based Samsung account. The ads are there so the makers can have the money and such to continually update and manage the app so it works when you want it to. App maintenance after development can be extremely time consuming and whomever still has to eat and get something for the 100+ hours spent last week. Buy pro versions for a dollar or two when available cause those have no ads or like a monthly game subscription which stops most app ads.
0 Likes
Brad_Riggs
Astronaut
Options
I'll be quite honest with you, it has Samsung name on the app, it has Samsung's logo on the app and below the app it says Samsung electronics Co, Ltd. Looks like Samsung owns it to me but regardless if Samsung made it or not if Samsung recommends this app and they do or has any affiliation with the app then they should remove the ads , furthermore I would gladly pay a $1, $2 or even $10 for the app to exist without ads but it doesn't. Having said that I have nothing against 3rd party people building apps for companies however if a multi-billion-dollar a year company has their name on a app they should not be showing ads or at very least allow us to pay so we don't have to deal with them looking like bloatware. Lastly if you know of another version of any of the apps that have Samsung name and branding on them by all means inform us. Thank you

Oh and one more thing, I never stated anything about them being preloaded ,what I said was Samsung's stock apps referring to them being Samsung own apps with their name on them.
0 Likes
SelfProclaimedBest
Red Giant
Options
Ads shown to you per Samsung are normally displayed to you by your Samsung account settings and ad customization choosen selections coupled with user agree to checks optional or not and the Samsung user agreement. I don't see ads on hardly any of the made by Samsung or galaxy exclusive apps I've downloaded ever except shopping type apps. Maybe I just don't pay attention and they are there perhaps. Have you stopped your ad personization, requested all your data and deleted Samsungs analytic of you yet? It's there version of the Google ad money thing I'm guessing. It should then show just generic ads for deals and such that you'll see everywhere and can stop showing you ads after you've seen it a million times I think. Seems like it for me anyway but it could just be my phone dismissing them due to learned behavior. The play store has a selection of those Samsung made apps that might be ad free with a 5 dollar a month Google game pass though I don't know nor have I checked on that.
0 Likes
Brad_Riggs
Astronaut
Options
Thank you Samsung for listening to your customer's. They are finally going to remove all of the ads in every app that has the Samsung name attached to it. the app that works best on our Samsung oneUI devices will now be ad free. They plan on pushing this out in the upcoming weeks. Now all of Samsung's apps will be more superior in every single way especially on a Samsung device. Thank you Samsung for listening.
0 Likes