JUMP TO SOLUTION Solved

Original topic:

Samsung messages adding RCS

(Topic created: 06-17-2021 04:46 AM)
tom2044
Galaxy
Options
Samsung Apps and Services

Please add RCS to Samsung Messages! I prefer Samsung Messages to Google Messages but until you add RCS and its features (that Google Messages already has and they did not need a carrier to enable.) These include: RCS, End to End encryption, High Quality Photo and video sharing, read receipts and typing indicators. I Loved being able to send texts from my Tablet and read all my conversations on my watch with Samsung Messages but now as I am using Google Messages I can not. We've heard you (Samsung) were rolling out RCS, and some people even got it but you're dragging your feet just like the carriers. Google on the other hand just enabled it through their app. So it's not a matter of you can't do it, you can just choose not to and take forever on it... Plese do something about this, it would be fine if you just replaced samsung messages with google messages if you added better phone/Tablet/Watch integration. However I think you should enable it in Samsung messages. It comes preinstalled on your phone and most people are not tech savvy enough to think about installing another texting app. That means all these people are still on SMS/MMS not experiencing the benefits of RCS. This also means if I have RCS there's a good chance I text someone with a Samsung they will still be on SMS/MMS. PLEASE CHANGE THIS 

9 Replies
siriusbratprnc
Astronaut
Options
Samsung messaging has RCS, you have to enable it in the settings.
0 Likes
tom2044
Galaxy
Options
I've tried, there's no option for me. I've looked through articles online and followed the steps (and checked myself) but there's no option for it for me. I've read that some people have gotten it while others haven't. Maybe it's my carrier, however I've been able to use RCS on Google messages...
Solution
LONNIEBX12
Cosmic Ray
Options
It depends on the Carrier. I had sprint and they have rcs and now I'm with t-mobile and they also have rcs. I just wish they added a few more features like e2ee and reactions to like messages. I would much rather have samsung messages than Google messages

View solution in context

Amperdoodle17
Astronaut
Options
I am on tmo too, but I still can't get rcs. 😥
LONNIEBX12
Cosmic Ray
Options
Do you have an unlocked version phone? If you do then maybe that's why
Amperdoodle17
Astronaut
Options
Yes, mine is carrier unlocked.
0 Likes
DelawareMayor
Asteroid
Options
Me either, I got an unlocked phone but a t mobile sim, and rcs is locked on this phone, I upgraded from a note 8 to a note 9, my note 9 had rcs and my note 9, since I had to get a t mobile sim for it, doesn't have rcs
ProfessorAwe
Astronaut
Options

I bought 3 s21+ an s20+ and an s7 and they are all "unlocked" phones and apparently that kills our ability to have an rcs feature option. Im about throw in the towel on samsung after being a fan for years. This one issue is enough to tip me over the edge. Can samsung please fix this stupid? Today

tom2044
Galaxy
Options
After some research it appears Samsung is going to discontinue Samsung Messages in favor of Google messages, this is to create a unified Android messaging service to compete with iMessage... wish they had a Tablet app tho