Original topic:

Samsung messaging App (RCS)

(Topic created: 12-07-2023 05:30 AM)
MonkeyPhone
Asteroid
Options
Samsung Apps and Services
Is there going to be a push for Samsung messaging App to adopt RCS protocol do we can have likes and animations like google and apple

i prefer the samsung messaging over google because i can categorized and organize my messages between work, personal, and family. So I'd prefer samsung but feel we need RCS protocol adopted as well.
5 Replies
notforhire
Honored Contributor
Options

I'd suggest that, unless something changes, you assume that Samsung is deprecating their Messages app in place of Google Messages. Samsung gets a lot of money from Google to make the Google offering the default messaging app on the newest devices.

oneself
Explorer
Options
I prefer using the Samsung messages as the layout is cleaner. BAD Samsung for doing this, I rather use OEM software on proprietary hardware. 🤣😭
notforhire
Honored Contributor
Options
I agree...whenever possible I try to use the native apps.
Options
In the United States there is no development to bring full-RCS functionality to Samsung Messages. Our wireless carriers have only activated full-RCS for the Google Messages framework (which is why Samsung began making G Msg the default on US devices this year.) Samsung Messages is built on an international framework and probably won't implement US standards worldwide.

Despite this, I still use S Msg for its customization options and reliability. G Msg has never once worked properly for me so I stopped trying.
Maine07
Halo
Options
Let's hope they do .