JUMP TO SOLUTION Solved

Original topic:

Samsung needs to embrace Microsoft services as much as it does Google's

(Topic created: 01-23-2021 06:47 AM)
gmalone
Asteroid
Options
Samsung Apps and Services
Microsoft is making a concerted effort to integrate with Android and Samsung specifically.  Yet, in many settings throughout a Samsung device you find only Google integration or options.  This must be equalized.  I, for one, have distance myself from Google services almost entirely -- Youtube being the only service I maintain now after nearly 20 yrs of using Google exclusively.  To put it bluntly, Google sucks and is dangerous to use. They drop and cancel services constantly.  They are unstable.  Their only motivation is ad sales, their main source of revenue.  I'm out.  I want to embrace Samsung completely, but that's hard to do with all the Google-first approach found in Samsung device settings.  Please, fully and visibly give Microsoft services an equal footing for people like me, and for the better future of Samsung.

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Solution
LongHiker
Samsung Care Ambassador
Options

@gmalone Samsung uses the Android OS. I'm not sure if you realize this or not but the Android OS was created and is owned by Google. Therefore the tight integration with Google completely makes sense. 

View solution in context

3 Replies
Solution
LongHiker
Samsung Care Ambassador
Options

@gmalone Samsung uses the Android OS. I'm not sure if you realize this or not but the Android OS was created and is owned by Google. Therefore the tight integration with Google completely makes sense. 

View solution in context

gmalone
Asteroid
Options
Yes, I know the origins of Android well. But there's a new alliance in development between Samsung and Microsoft -- a smart strategic move for both. Google licenses Android to a variety of companies who in turn put their own spin on it. I haven't suggested Google not be integrated, but rather Microsoft be elevated and equally integrated. It's kinda complicated where all those integrations should happen -- in many Android Settings options, and in Samsung-specific settings options.
0 Likes
Natey
Comet
Options
Samsung Cloud is migrating over to Microsoft OneDrive.
0 Likes