cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
Astronaut

Re: Samsung pass not setting up : couldn't verify the Fingerprint error

JUMP TO SOLUTION

Hi I have been in touch with Samsung support via the online chat today and we figured it out. There was some sort of confliction with setting up my new phone(Galaxy S10) via smart switch from my old phone(Galaxy S7) prior to the initial configuration of my new phone. To elaborate, I turned on my new phone and peformed a few initial steps but then was directed to perform the smartswitch operation from my old phone to my new phone. This was done prior to setting up my new phone with fingerprints and Samsung pass. At this point, every time I tried to verify my fingerprints, it wouldn't work despite any attempts to clear the cache or repeat the initial steps. However, as my wife also received the same phone at the same time - but was new to Samsung and initiating the set up for the first time. She had no issue signing up for a Samsung account and verifying her fingerprints on Samsung pass. So, after discussing with tech support, he recommended backing up my phone and performing a factory reset, which I did. But then I decided to skip the smartswitch operation until later on in the initialization process. I first added my finger prints, then logged into my Samsung account and was able to successfully register my finger prints on the first shot. After this I was able to then perform the smartswitch operation and pull all my old data into my new phone. I then went back and double checked Samsung pass and everything is still set up properly. I hope this helps.

Highlighted
Astronaut

JUMP TO SOLUTION

I solved this by signing out from samsung account

Highlighted
Asteroid

JUMP TO SOLUTION

I disabled my Wifi connection so only cellular data was used, and then it worked. I have seen that with several apps that they only seem to work over the cellular service or Wi-Fi service (particularly for Smart home devices). Try that and see if it works. 

View solution in original post

Highlighted
Astronaut

JUMP TO SOLUTION

This solution definitely works like a charm on first try.

Highlighted
Asteroid

JUMP TO SOLUTION

I never expect this to solve to problem, but anyway it works on me.

Constellation

JUMP TO SOLUTION

I had the same issue with my new S20 Ultra as well as swipe to text not working.  Tried everything suggested by Samsung support. They told me to do a factory reset but I didn't want to.  I saw this solution and gave it a try.  It worked perfectly!  Turned wifi back on and  not only was Samsung Pass working but so was the swipe to text.  Problems resolved. 

Highlighted
Constellation

JUMP TO SOLUTION

Thank you I have an A70 have been trying to figure this out.  Turned off  my wifi and it worked 🙌

Highlighted
Astronaut

JUMP TO SOLUTION

If this happens in a tablet, connect your phone hotspot on mobile data to your tablet then set up Samsung pass. This is the only thing that worked for my tablet. After this it works fine in wifi. 

Highlighted
Constellation

JUMP TO SOLUTION

Tried this with my Tab s6 and S20 hotspot, didn't work. I really wish Samsung would address this issue better.

Highlighted
Constellation

JUMP TO SOLUTION

Disabling my WiFi worked after mo

@userPGivfl957k wrote:

I disabled my Wifi connection so only cellular data was used, and then it worked. I have seen that with several apps that they only seem to work over the cellular service or Wi-Fi service (particularly for Smart home devices). Try that and see if it works. 

@userPGivfl957k wrote:

re than 20 attempts. Thanks.