cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
Cosmic Ray

Samsung pay - cannot remove. Galaxy J7 pro

Hi,

unable to uninstall this annoying app which I will never use.

no matter how many times I try, with the below it comes back;

I can only force stop, and clear data

I go to Samsung Pay and turn off all settings under "Notifications", "Permissions", "Apps that can appear on top" and "Apps that can change system settings".

Also i go to Samsung Pay Framework and turn off all settings under "Notifications", "Permissions" and "Apps that can change system settings".

it comes back within a short time with updating.

Apparently the only way to remove it is to "root the phone"... this is complicated and if done incorrectly the phone may be damaged.

this is my second Samsung phone, and as much as I like it it may be my last unless samsung gives the option to remove certain apps from the phone.

Sad, that samsung is not listening to other complaints abot this - go to " Samsung pay won't go away".....

Remember this Samsung " The customer is always right"; basic rule of customer service

24 REPLIES 24
Highlighted
Astronaut

Re: Samsung pay - cannot remove. Galaxy J7 pro

I can remove samsung pay off my phone but I have note 10+. Also if you root your phone you will trip KNOX and avoid your warranty. I still don't understand how the app is bothering you though. Every phone comes with preinstalled apps. Plus samsung pay is great if you're like me and like to only carry your phone around to pay. Also rooting doesn't damage the phone. Most soft bricks are easy to fix. You can try deleting it from the galaxy store. It let's me delete it from there as well.

Highlighted
Cosmic Ray

Thanks but, tried titanium but have to root the phone. not confident to root the phone withoutpossible bricking.

Again, should have a simple option don't you think.

Highlighted
Constellation

Samsung pay is a great and fantastic, safe way to mobile pay. Don't knock it if you haven't tried it. It's supposed to come with all Samsung phones just like apple pay is on all iPhones

Cosmic Ray

Thanks but don't use my phone to pay anything. therefore don't want it so should have the option to disable or remove.

Highlighted
Cosmic Ray

Highlighted
Cosmic Ray

Thanks but unfortunately I get this when I try "We're sorry, the requested URL was not found on this server."

Highlighted
Asteroid

If you download adb. You can have the option to uninstall the app and leave its data or uninstall app and all its data l.

Highlighted
Cosmic Ray

Thanks i've seen all the tutorials, my phone was bricked once and it took a lot of effort over days to get it back.

I'll just have to live with it (unless Samsung comes up with a fix), until I get my next Ph, probably not a samsung.

Highlighted
Asteroid

Spud. Look up adb