cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
Asteroid

Samsung pay quick access missing

Went to store today and quick access (white bar at bottom) missing.  Couldn't swype up to access.   Settings have quick access enabled for homen lock and screen off.  

I know it was there at least a few days ago.   Using Note20 Ultra.

10 REPLIES 10
Highlighted
Galaxy

Re: Samsung pay quick access missing

The "Quick Access" panel is solely dependent on the "Motions and Gestures" section, under the "Fingerprint gestures" option. When that is turned on, you are able to use the 'swipe up for samsung pay' wherever you have it turned on. The option is available in the "Advanced Features" section in settings.
Highlighted
Asteroid

Thank you Giant2020!  I did not have "Fingerprint gestures" under "Motions and Gestures" but I went to Settings --> Biometrics and secturity --> Fingerprints --> Samsung Pay and within "Verification method" toggled 'Fingerprint' off. The quick access for Samsung Pay was available again.  I then went back in and toggled it back on and still shows.  So not sure exactly why it disappeared in the first place, but toggling off/on seemed to work.

Highlighted
Constellation

Thank you so much! Clearly this is some sort of glitch. You shouldn't need to turn something off and then on again. If you hadn't posted this I would have had to deal with customer support!

Highlighted
Constellation

Re: Re: Samsung pay quick access missing

I've NEVER had the fingerprint gestures turned on (I ONLY have the setting to swipe up on my home screen turned on) and have been using this since my galaxy s8 was new and it only just started randomly disappearing from my home screen a week or two ago. I've tried toggling the settings off and back on, but to no effect. I have to restart my phone to get it to work again. Once I do that, it appears it is going to work again, but then at some point a few days later it disappears again.
Highlighted
Constellation

I am having the same issue. It was always super convenient to swipe from the bottom of my screen to open my cards. Now even though I have Quick Access enabled for Home Screen, Lock Screen, and Off Screen I cannot see the transparent bar to pull up the app. I even tried the above fix but it didn't work for me. I have a Note 9.
Highlighted
Samsung Care Ambassador

One thing to remember is that it only appears on your home screen. If you have several other screens of apps showing, the tab will not appear on those. Don't know how many times that has tripped me up. 

Highlighted
Asteroid

I can access from lock screen, home and all other pages I have apps on, including page 3-4 that I have no apps on. However if swype up to ALL apps screens or if from home swype left to Bixby th quick access panel is not shown at the bottom of screen.
Highlighted
Constellation

thats what it was for me. I closed down all my apps, then the little bar at the bottom showed up, slide samsung pay quick access up & also finger guesture swype up worked!

Thanks!

Highlighted
Constellation

I believe that the disappearing pay is related to the latest version of pay. My second device exhibited the same issue after the update.  My first phone will get the home screen and finger print reader slide after restart. It stays there until i am requested to enter my pin then the draw silently crashes. It won't return until after a reboot.