cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
userw62e1OZNsO
Astronaut

Samsung said it would back up photos. It didn't.

So recently my phone was full, and to clear up space Samsung suggested that I delete photos. It said that everything would be saved to the cloud, so there was no worry of losing anything. I did as it suggested, and instantly all my photos were GONE. They aren't in the cloud and when I try to restore them, my phone doesn't even have gallery as an option. They aren't in Google photos, either. I just went on my honeymoon and all my pictures were there. I feel very betrayed and misled. I thought I was backing up my memories, but instead it looks like they're gone forever. 

If there is any way to solve this, please help. 

2 REPLIES 2
Samsung Moderator
Samsung Moderator

Re: Samsung said it would back up photos. It didn't.

@userw62e1OZNsO I can definitely understand how frustrating this situation is. However, there could be a chance it could be saved to the Samsung cloud or your service providers cloud if they have one. To check the Samsung Cloud we will suggest calling in and talking to our Accounts department 855-795-0509

Samsung Care Ambassador

Re: Samsung said it would back up photos. It didn't.

Hey,

@userw62e1OZNsO

I'm sorry to hear that you deleted all your photos.

If you deleted them from within the gallery app open the gallery app and tap the 3 vertical dots in the upper right hand corner of the screen. Select trash from the menu. It stores all your deleted images for 30 days before permanently deleting them. Hopefully you  will be able to restore them from there.

Best regards, 

CLF 

T-mobile

Android 9.0 

Galaxy S9 SM-G960U 

G960USQS7CSK3

Security Patch Level

December 1st , 2019