Original topic:

Samsung should implement and advertise RCS messaging

(Topic created: 06-03-2021 10:06 AM)
Boogie1991
Astronaut
Options
Samsung Apps and Services

What's going on my friends at Samsung. I think we all need to agree that Samsung needs to implement and advertise RCSWhen selling their phones. I live in New York City.  And everywhere I walk I usually see people with iphones. So durn my days I usually ask people why do they like iPhone so much. And add of 3 to 4 answers the number 2 answers are I message in facetime. They love the connectivity of being able to chat with their friends and family through eye message blue bubbles. And facetime it's so easy just to go from a phone call to video chatting or go from texting to video chatting with one click. A vax people they would ever switch to android if they had something similar to why message and facetime and they say yes because they're just more fun. Now me myself I do have an iPhone 11. And I specifically have an iPhone 11 for eye message in facetime lol. A good 85% of my friends have iphones so that's why I need Ed an iPhone but I do have a Samsung Galaxy S21 ultra as my daily driver. I barely use the iPhone unless I'm engaging with friends. I also think Samsung and Google need to do something about the RCS. Yeah I think if they start advertising that their messaging services are just the same as I message and that could do what I message do a lot of people will start buying Samsung devices I can almost and guarantee that. People of the connectivity and how easy it is. I also think that developers need to start optimising apps for our phones. Our cameras need to be completely wired straight to the app. There's a lot of work in to do and android 12 is here and I really think that RCS should be a really big selling point for Google and Samsung if they just advertise it a lot. What are your guys's thoughts???

5 Replies
Ellin
Nebula
Options
Totally agree, I'm in my as well and have been an I phone convert for years, however all family and friends are I phone junkies and that is the only feature I regret not having.
LONNIEBX12
Cosmic Ray
Options
I'm glad Samsung has teamed up with Google to implement RCS by default on Android phones. Makes it more fun to use the messages app. Since I joined t-mobile and RCS is a default and I've been texting way more now with the messages app than in WhatsApp. There's still a little bit more work to be done in RCS, they should add more features but overall I like where this is going.
0 Likes
J1134
Astronaut
Options
It's still not working correctly on tmobile with the samsung messages app. If it was it'd say enter chat message and have blue bubbles. It's only half working . Samsung just needs to turn it on or give us a way to
0 Likes
usere5ZNW3EDmG
Asteroid
Options
Switch to Google messages. Samsung should let us delete the Samsung messages app.
0 Likes
JermBry85
Astronaut
Options
My wife and I had/have t-mobile. When I was on there services and had my galaxys10 the rcs features were great for some of my non iPhone friends.. but then I upgraded to a s21 that came factory unlocked from Samsung since the switch. Samsung messages still don't support rcs, Google messages is okay for an alternative. But then the calls and texts feature for my galaxy tab doesn't support that. And my galaxy watch is in the same boat partially since I can't start a message from my watch.. I just wish that if Samsung is going to support rcs, or Google messages. Then why not have the galaxy features they "offer" available in the USA? So annoying on samsung's part....
0 Likes