Original topic:

Samsung should make their own Weather App and make it default

(Topic created: 08-29-2022 03:38 PM)
JAG08
Asteroid
Options
Samsung Apps and Services

PLEASE consider making a default weather app using samsungs own weather system in the widget, i HATE using a third party app for just to check the weather in my area, PLEASE consider making a default app for samsung users.

8 Replies
PowerUser
Comet
Options
They already do. It's built in to OneUI - it always has. It's sponsored by The Weather Channel. For the time being that's about as close to Samsung's own weather app you're going to get.

Samsung ISN'T going to take on a subdivision of Meteorology to cover the weather around the world.

Sorry Charlie.
user365170tdJ15
Honored Contributor
Options
Long press the Home screen, tap Widgets, open Weather section ... it's there
PowerUser
Comet
Options
I think either you or maybe I have read it wrong. He wants a Samsung branded weather app not one sponsored by the Weather Channel.

Please, correct me if I'm wrong.
JAG08
Asteroid
Options
Not the widget but like a legit app.
0 Likes
PowerUser
Comet
Options
Please read the 1st reply. It's clearly explained and I tried to make it easy to understand.
0 Likes
JAG08
Asteroid
Options
What do you think I'm trying to say?
0 Likes
Gera1214
Comet
Options
Something like this maybe? All I did was add the widget to my homescreen then tap on it then on the top right I tapped the 3 lines then tapped on the settings on the right then towards the bottom it should say "show weather on apps screen " toggle it on then go to yiure apps screen and search for the app. Or you can search up for weather on the search bar to find it right away. Screenshot_20220905_114620_5961_1662396380.jpg
0 Likes
JAG08
Asteroid
Options
Yeah that helps. Thanks. 👍
0 Likes