Original topic:

Samsung software wishlist

(Topic created: 03-06-2021 12:01 PM)
SamsungFanXYZ
Astronaut
Options
Samsung Apps and Services
Attention Samsung software team:

1. Please give Samsung users the ability to have a vertical scrolling app drawer. This is definitely the single biggest feature that the Android community wants. I'm sure this would help bring more OnePlus and Google pixel phone users over to Samsung phones.

2. Can you please give us the ability to uninstall & disable services & apps that users don't need &\or want? For example, I prefer Google's phone, messaging, & calendar apps over Samsung's, and it's pointless to have two phone, calendar, and messaging apps that constantly need updating. This consumes unnecessary computing resources & this makes Google Pixel phones more attractive from a software perspective. 

3. I also wish I could uninstall onedrive, samsung contacts, Samsung internet, & AR zone. Please give us the ability to do so. 

4. Please use the Google digital well being app over Samsungs, Google's app is better, especially their timers & focus mode. I want to put a timer on an app for 0 min so I can't use it at all for a few days or a week, but I can't do this with Samsung's app. Having that extra layer of discipline helps keep me focused. The Samsung focus mode also lacks functionality with blocking certain apps. 

As someone who has used both Samsung & Google pixel phones for years, I really think if Samsung fixed these few things they would really dominate the smartphone market much more than they already do. 

Lastly, I would consider a Samsung galaxy active watch if you allowed me to integrate the watch more closely with Google services & less with Samsung's. Samsung's greatest strength is it's openness, so please open your systems up even more for user customization. 

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Solution
StephanieNikki
Black Hole
Options

Thank you for your interest in sharing your idea with Samsung. We appreciate your feedback and will tag it on the forum so that it will appear with other feedback, ideas, and requests. This will allow your post to be more easily found in the event that Samsung product groups are seeking outside feedback/requests/ideas regarding our products.

Be sure to click " ✓ Accept as Solution" when you find an answer that works for you.
Please note, notification emails are a DO NOT REPLY address, you must log-in on the community page in order to respond.

View solution in context

0 Likes
3 Replies
SamsungFanXYZ
Astronaut
Options
I also wish Samsung's active watch would allow me to add more 3rd party services in general...

Why not add the Google play store to the galaxy watch so the user can create a truly unique watch that works with the services that they already use? Like the ability to use Amazon music, Google pay etc. Services & devices that force people into a pigeon hole drive people like myself away, & prevents me from even considering a product. Most people want the freedom to choose.

Once Samsung takes care of this I will buy the device immediately.

My comment above about Samsung's openness applies to all of Samsung's products. The biggest negative to any technology in today's world is lack of interoperability & walled gardens. Samsung has some of the most open systems around but there is plenty of room for improvement. It is my hope that Samsung will open up all of it's systems & products even more for maximum interoperability between different devices, services, & platforms. I would like to see more partnerships within big tech & less interoperability discrimination because someone doesn't own a specific model of a specific device or because they aren't rich enough. Samsung is one of the best positioned companies to lead this open, collaborative, & interoperable approach to technology.

So I encourage you to please take these things into consideration when designing future products & updating current ones. I also encourage others to join the discussion
below & write some of your most desired changes that you wish to see in Samsung's software.

I will say my most desired feature one more time... PLEASE give the many of us in the Android community our most desired feature, a vertical scrolling app drawer option for galaxy smartphones.
0 Likes
SamsungFanXYZ
Astronaut
Options
For the digital wellbeing app please allow me to immediately swipe away the notification that shows that I only have X remaining minutes left with an app. Currently, it stays on the screen obstructing the view of my screen for ~7 to 10 seconds & you don't let me swipe it away once it pops up; this is a waste of my time & slows my productivity down.

Please fix with a new update. This will help increase productivity around the globe. Those wasted seconds add up.

Thank you!
0 Likes
Solution
StephanieNikki
Black Hole
Options

Thank you for your interest in sharing your idea with Samsung. We appreciate your feedback and will tag it on the forum so that it will appear with other feedback, ideas, and requests. This will allow your post to be more easily found in the event that Samsung product groups are seeking outside feedback/requests/ideas regarding our products.

Be sure to click " ✓ Accept as Solution" when you find an answer that works for you.
Please note, notification emails are a DO NOT REPLY address, you must log-in on the community page in order to respond.

0 Likes