Original topic:

SamsungDEX WMVCore.DLL error on application launch

(Topic created: 09-02-2021 12:02 AM)
Para Dox
Asteroid
Options
Samsung Apps and Services

When I attempt to start Samsung DEX in Windows10, it halts with the following dialog box error message:

"SamsungDeX.exe - System Error

The code execution cannot proceed because WMVCore.DLL was not found. Reinstalling may fix this problem."

Reinstalling does not fix the problem.

This is a new PCIe4 desktop PC, with a fresh copy of Windows installed only 2 months ago. I do not want to reinstall the Windows O.S., because it is a couple of days work to fully reinstall and reconfigure everything.

I have run Windows DISM and sfc /scannow

SamsungDeX installs and works fine on my old laptop

Does anybody know how to fix this?

.... Para Dox

0 Likes
11 Replies
Bs2209
Comet
Options
What Samsung device are you using
0 Likes
TheGalaxy
Honored Contributor
Options
Throw away windows and use dex only
0 Likes
Para Dox
Asteroid
Options

Device: Galaxy S10+

Regarding "Throw away windows and use dex only":

I have an MSI USB-C Docking Station (USB 3.2 Gen2) I could try - would that work? It would be good for traveling.

However I want DeX on Windows for file sharing/transfer.

0 Likes
TheGalaxy
Honored Contributor
Options
Yes that would work.
You can't share/ transfer using dex?
What are you transferring to?
0 Likes
Para Dox
Asteroid
Options

Regarding question: "What are you transferring to?"

Transfer files between the Galaxy S10+ internal storage and the Windows10 PC filesystem.

Regarding question:"You can't share/ transfer using dex?"

Not  using the DeX Windows10 application (as per above reason). There is no phone icon in Windows File Explorer. Windows 10 does not detect the presence of the phone when the phone is plugged into a PC USB port.

0 Likes
TheGalaxy
Honored Contributor
Options
Make sure "link to windows" is enabled on your phone
0 Likes
Para Dox
Asteroid
Options

"link to windows" is enabled on my phone.

My O.S. Edition: Windows 10 Pro N

Version: 21H1

O.S. Build: 19043.1202

Experience: Windows Feature Experience Pack 120.2212.3530.0

WMVCore.dll is a component of 'Windows Media Feature Pack' for Windows N, which is now meant to be rolled into the new 'Windows Feature Experience Pack'. However the Media pack does not appear to be present, hence WMVCore.dll is missing.

All instructions to re-install 'Windows Feature Experience Pack' do not work.

All instructions to install 'Windows Media Feature Pack' for Windows N do not work.

It looks like a Microsoft problem, but I would appreciate it if anybody knows the resolution.

userRF13OYRQLo
Astronaut
Options

Tengo el mismo problema, he intentado lo mismo y hasta he sustituido los archivos .dll que piden y es lo mismo, todo parece indicar que el paquete de instalacion no es compatible con la version del sistema operativo :/... Ojala SAMSUNG pueda corregir este issue.

0 Likes
Para Dox
Asteroid
Options

Agreed Astronaut - Samsung should fix DeX to not be dependent upon fickle Windows components.

Google Translation of Astronout's Spanish post:

"I have the same problem, I have tried the same and I have even replaced the .dll files that they ask for and it is the same, everything seems to indicate that the installation package is not compatible with the version of the operating system: / ... Hopefully SAMSUNG can correct this issue."

0 Likes