Original topic:

SamsungMusic Player cuts off the end of songs

(Topic created: 05-01-2022 08:50 AM)
userHd7zCjS0Kw
Cosmic Ray
Options
Samsung Apps and Services

Samsung Music Player keeps cutting off songs just before the end, seems like 15-25 seconds.  How do I make it stop that?

Data:  Galaxy S22 Ultra.  Copied my .mp3 songs and .m3u playlists to the Music folder in my phone.  On my old phone (LG V20)  I used Power AmP app, which has lots of features, although I find the interface frustrating.  So, I thought, "they" (the e-gods) have probably improved the stock apps, so I'll try those.  First, I find that Google has abandoned their music player, in favor of YouTube music that frustrates people just trying to play their own music.  So, I downloaded Samsung Music.  All was going well.  It found my music files easily.  It accepted the .m3u playlists, and quickly imported them and found the songs.  Eureka(!), I thought.  So I've got the music playing and hear a little stutter at the end of a song because, you know,  computers are like that.  When it does this twice more, on the next two songs, I fear there's a pattern, and there is.  Samsung Music does this.  Power Amp doesn't, so the problem is not that the files got corrupted.   

Settings:  stock.  Play speed 1.0x,  Crossfade off, Skip silence between tracks off.

Googling the problem, some comments mentioned the problem, going back to 2014, but no solutions.  Some comments blamed corrupted music files (not).

0 Likes
1 Reply
userHd7zCjS0Kw
Cosmic Ray
Options
Samsung Apps and Services

"known issue ... do a search" -- really?  I did a search, on Google and within this forum, as I said in my post.  When I typed my subject into the search box, no postings on this came up.  If there's a better search phrasing, how about a hint?  If this is such a known issue, how about posting a link to the solution?

And, although I find it cumbersome, I am already using PowerAmp -- I'd just hoped to get away from that.  If this is a bug in Samsung's music player, they should fix it.  PowerAmp does not clip the ends of my songs.

0 Likes