Original topic:

Secure Folder Bug/Problem

(Topic created: 09-06-2022 09:19 AM)
userO8m0KRwvgR
Asteroid
Options
Samsung Apps and Services

Galaxy A53

Since an update on 1st Sep 2022 I have had a persistant notification regarding unlocking my secure folder, it prompts me to either log in with my pasword or uninstall. The issue is that Secure Folder isnt installed on my phone! trying my password just times me out for 16mins and the uninstall button just takes me back to my home screen! If i go to the play store and try and update or download the secure folder app there is no option to. No idea what is going on.

I called Samsung UK's support line and they were unable to help and simply asked me to call back in 48hrs.

3 Replies
MarvinX
Comet
Options
Got said notification. It's called 'Security Folders for a good reason.. It's where you hide stuff from prying eyes. I will not give access to any app to sync anything. That would defeat the whole purpose of being SECURE!
OnMy1stXLT
Comet
Options
The bigger problem is that after the latest update this notification appears after ever reboot. Why Samsung decided to plague us with the BS is beyond me.

Report this "error" in the Members app. I can say that when enough people complain Samsung sometimes will take quick action.
Sybilishere
Cosmic Ray
Options
11-15-2022

Below is the response I received from Samsung. They're not going to change the secure folder notification appearing when we reboot our phones.

"Thank you very much for your feedback.
We sincerely apologize for the inconvenience. This notification is a concept that was recently discussed with the security department to enhance the security of the security folder. Previously, when the device was unlocked after rebooting, it was provided to enable app operation (Notification, etc.) inside the security folder for the convenience of the user, but according to the analysis that this operation may be vulnerable to security of the security folder while the terminal is unlocked, it has been changed to enable app operation inside the security folder only when the user explicitly unlocks the security folder during rebooting. Therefore, if you do not unlock the security folder after rebooting, you will not be able to operate the internal app, so we will provide a guide noti for this. Please understand that this is a measure to strengthen the security of the secure folder, and the notification is displayed only when rebooted, and once released, it does not occur again."
0 Likes