Original topic:

Secure Folder Not Accepting Password

(Topic created: 09-01-2022 06:01 AM)
userO8m0KRwvgR
Asteroid
Options
Samsung Apps and Services

I have just updated my A53 and upon re-booting have a permininant notification to log into my secure folder using my pasword after reset. I usualy have my secure folder set to use biometrics, but it wont accept my pasword. I have tried typing in a wrong password to recieve a 'forgot pasword' prompt but I dont get one. If i type in my samsung password (Which I know works as I just reset it on my PC) it does nothing but lock me out for 30 seconds.

in addition to this there is an 'uninstall' option below the password box... that warns me it will delete my data, no problem I dont mind... but that also does nothing it just sends me back to my home screen.

4 Replies
userO8m0KRwvgR
Asteroid
Options

Update, I have been on the phone with 3 different numbers and online chat and it's looking like a factory reset. how this is acceptable I dont know.

0 Likes
Joeschmoe1
Constellation
Options
Yes try to get it back by redownload it and restart the engine
0 Likes
userO8m0KRwvgR
Asteroid
Options

Thanks yea I have looked into that, but weird update the app is no longer installed but I still have the notification and dont have the option to reinstall the folder from the play store. very weird

0 Likes
ColderFolder
Pilot
Options
uhm

what
0 Likes