Original topic:

Secure Folder Reset, will not restore Backup and cannot Backup current folder

(Topic created: 07-02-2022 09:33 PM)
userKP4EaCMKjT
Constellation
Options
Samsung Apps and Services

Okay, I'll try and make this quick and to the point.

• 6/9/22 I got the new Galaxy S22+ to replace my Galaxy S20+

• I transfered all files using the Smart Switch App

• In process there seemed to be issues with Secure Folder data transfering over.

• I backed up the Secure Folder data, then did the transfer again.

• Everything transfered. I double checked new phone and saw all files in the Secure Folder.

• Today, I open the Secure Folder and it asks me to reset my PIN. I do so. Turns out the whole Secure Folder was Reset.

• Now I cannot restore any of the Data from OneDrive or Samsung Cloud to Secure Folder. All files seem to be deleted.

• I also cannot back up the Secure Folder. I put a new file in there to see if I could back it up, but was not able to.

None of my research seems to show anything helpful that is working for me. I haven't downloaded any of the recovery tools that seem to be everywhere just because I don't trust them, so that's a last resort for me. My next step is calling Samsung.

Any advice or help would be appreciated. If they're just gone I will deal with it.

3 Replies
Oxford
Red Giant
Options
Unfortunately, I don't believe Android 12 has the capability of using backup in the secure folder any longer, or restore the secure folder.
0 Likes
theblackcobra
Nebula
Options
Yes same thing happened here. Secure folder was wiped out and did not transfer over. Lovely isn't it?
0 Likes
Myrtie
Astronaut
Options
I have a question , somehow the My Files on my s22 ultra renamed it self with a file name. How do I get My Files back?
0 Likes