JUMP TO SOLUTION Solved

Original topic:

Secure Folder no longer supports online backups?

(Topic created: 02-03-2021 01:42 AM)
ChaosTechNet
Astronaut
Options
Galaxy S21
Are you serious? I have been using the secure folder feature ever since it was introduced on the S8 Plus. Now I'm here on my S21 Ultra and finding out it no longer supports online syncing or backups so that I can restore it later? That's messed up. So if I reset my phone or move to a new phone like I do every year, then I lose my Secure Folder contents? That's crazy. This defeats the entire purpose of having it. Update: Here is the link to the post about it on Reddit I made. Customers are definitely upset about losing the backup feature. https://www.reddit.com/r/S21Ultra/comments/lb9nj0/samsung_secure_folder_no_longer_supports_backups/?...
8 Replies
Famgoon
Asteroid
Options
Galaxy S21

I just discovered this today! 

They have really killed everything great about Secure Folder!

The desktop view gone and replaced with a folder pop up type view

The dedicated finger print unlock gone. 

Backup feature gone..  you can only restore if you still have a back up. Which of course will eventually get old since you cant create fresh backups!

Notifications that were hidden could be seen if you unlocked folder. Now its just hidden and you will need to go in to the app to check what the notifaction is.

The look of this secure folder is horrible. 

ChaosTechNet
Astronaut
Options
Galaxy S21
Yep, they are trying to get rid of it I guess. I have no idea why. It is an extremely useful privacy feature.
userSqm88vyYEK
Asteroid
Options
Galaxy S21
please get them to fix it
userlDxZQO5vkr
Constellation
Options
Galaxy S21
How would one recover an old backup? I switched phones and have no idea if I even have a backup anywhere.
Famgoon
Asteroid
Options
Galaxy S21

I hope they see some of the feedback on here and go back and fix it.

userSqm88vyYEK
Asteroid
Options
Galaxy S21
yeah this is crazy and now.i get calendar alerts like 3 times. i want my calendar out of the secure folder but it doesn't allow to be moved out
0 Likes
Solution
SamsungRei
Community Manager
Community Manager
Options
Galaxy S21

We appreciate your feedback and will tag it on the forum so that it will appear with other feedback, ideas, and requests. This will allow your post to be more easily found in the event that Samsung product groups are seeking outside feedback/requests/ideas regarding our products.

Be sure to click " ✓ Accept as Solution" when you find an answer that works for you.

Please note, notification emails are a DO NOT REPLY address, you must log-in on the community page in order to respond.

ChaosTechNet
Astronaut
Options
Galaxy S21
I created a post over on Reddit about this. Customers are upset. I have posted the link. https://www.reddit.com/r/S21Ultra/comments/lb9nj0/samsung_secure_folder_no_longer_supports_backups/?...