Original topic:

Secure contacts... Not?

(Topic created: 09-19-2022 06:02 PM)
hbelkin
Astronaut
Options
Samsung Apps and Services
I've been toying about with Samsung's secure folder ... Just noticed that if I put a contact in the contact app WITHIN secure folder (and that same contact is NOT in the regular contacts app) the "secure" contact shows up in a search both in the messages app and in the phone app. I'm puzzled. What's the point then, if the contacts are all visible in those apps? 
7 Replies
hbelkin
Astronaut
Options
Not sure what you mean by "disconnect"...?
0 Likes
user365170tdJ15
Honored Contributor
Options
Seems a bit of a of farfetched claim.

Tested on four of our phones (s21s and s22's)

Entered Secure Folder, opened Contacts.

Added a new contact.

Exited Secure Folder.

Opened Contacts app not in Secure Folder, searched for the new contact added while in S.F.

Opened Phone app, searched for the new contact added while in S.F.

Searched for first name, last name, and phone number ... did partial test searches

That contact does NOT appear outside S.F.

You must have duplication across Contacts inside of and outside of S.F.
0 Likes
hbelkin
Astronaut
Options
The contacts in question cannot be found in the contacts app outside secure folder. But they DO appear in phone and messages apps. Looking for some explanation how this could be happening
0 Likes
hbelkin
Astronaut
Options
Only thing I can think of is PERHAPS the contacts were synced before I moved some into the secure file? If so, is the a way to unsync them?
0 Likes
hbelkin
Astronaut
Options
Actually I just did a test. Added a unique contact just in my secure folder. Confirmed that there was no such contact in my unsecure folder contacts. Searched in the regular phone app and also the messages app, and both were able to see the details of that contact, reported as a "work" contactScreenshot_20220920-163518_Messages.jpgScreenshot_20220920-163431_Phone.jpg
0 Likes
hbelkin
Astronaut
Options
In fact, if I go into my unsecure contacts app, select top left menu and then select "all contacts", all the contacts that are only in my secure folder contacts app are discoverable as "work" contacts. What am I doing wrong??
0 Likes
hbelkin
Astronaut
Options
Oops, just found reason ... An option I didn't know existed within secure folder...

PROBLEM SOLVEDScreenshot_20220920_165102_15879_1663707062.jpg
0 Likes