cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Asteroid

Seemingly bias and limited calendar information

I don't know how many other Samsung product users, (particularly regarding their phones), have noticed that the information in the default calendar app has changed. It seems there was a change only since the spring/summer time of 2020. I've noticed a significant lack and almost what seems to be purposeful censoring of important dates and associated information with those dates. Almost all common, worldwide recognized holidays have been omitted and taken off of the calendar dates, including Christmas, Hannukah, Independence Day and several others as well. What I found odd though was that the only few observances that remained were dates that were among a unified vain, i.e indigenous peoples day and Juneteenth etc. Of course, to be very clear, these latter mentioned observations and dates are appropriate and appreciated to have in the calendar but why omit the other holidays? Any information or explanation would be very helpful and appreciated. I have been a "religious" Android user, specifically with Samsung and the Galaxy phones so my question is out of a legitimate and truly curious origin. Thank you.

5 REPLIES 5
Samsung Care Ambassador

Re: Seemingly bias and limited calendar information

This is something in your settings that are corrupted or incorrect. I am seeing all of the usual and appropriate events. 

Asteroid

On a side note I am still using a Galaxy S8+ but I do keep up on all available software updates etc

Comet

make sure us holidays are enabled
Astronaut

How do I disable all predefined holidays?
Samsung Care Ambassador

@Activeprofessor wrote:
How do I disable all predefined holidays?
  1. Open the Calendar app
  2. Click the 3 line menu
  3. Click the down arrow to the right of your email account 
  4. Turn off the "Holidays in United States"