Original topic:

Service deactivation by Samsung

(Topic created: 10-28-2021 11:09 AM)
userMZWyTwdoSe
Constellation
Options
Samsung Apps and Services

Dear Samsung 

It is with utmost frustration and disappointment that I write in to make a formal complaint.
I sent my phone in to Samsung for repair on issues with the GPS locator. I had no other problems with my Samsung A51.

My device was bought on Amazon less than 12 months ago and I was initially told by Samsung Customer Service that it was still under Warranty.

After sending the phone in by UPS next day delivery, I received email and text message confirming the receipt by Samsung.

Days later, I was informed by email that the repairs would cost me $280. 
Shocking!
However, upon contacting Samsung's Technical Support, I was told that my device was considered "International" and as such- out of warranty.

Eventually I agreed to pay the cost. I was told the return of my device could take up to 30days. Having already being without my phone for almost 2 weeks, I kindly asked Samsung to return my device. 

I got device on Fri Oct 22 by 10am. 
Device was charged and then I proceeded to get my service provider to do the necessary switching.
This was unsuccessful and I spent the better of 4 hours on the phone with provider MetroPCS by T Mobile trying to resolve this issue. 

Upon further testing by the use of another provider's SIM card, it was deduced that the issue was with the phone. I was advised to contact Samsung.

Still spending the majority of my work time on the phone, I immediately contacted Samsung, only to be told that "it will take up to 3-5 days for my services to be reactivated because device is international". I was livid!

I wasted an entire work day back and forth with my provider only to find out that Samsung has not activated.

I am only led to believe that Samsung has intentionally jeopardize my services and put me in more inconvenience because I canceled the repair.

In the same manner I was emailed about the cost for repairs, I could have been informed that my services are not activated.

I have waited to send this email hoping that services would be resumed. Unfortunately at the point of writing this email- Oct 28, 2021, my services are still not reactivated.

This is totally unacceptable. 
I am putting this as a formal complaint and my complete lack of confidence in Samsung. 
I am requesting this to be addressed urgently. I should not have to be calling around to be told this.

I also urgently need to get my services working as I have already been days without it- and it's been total inconvenience.

I can't seem to get an email address from Samsung to file my complaint. I keep getting directed to Samsung Community, so there goes.
1 Reply
SamsungCole
Samsung Moderator
Samsung Moderator
Options
Samsung Apps and Services

Good afternoon, we would be happy to look into this for you. I definitely understand your frustrations. Mind sending me a private message here with your most recent ticket number: https://bit.ly/3pE8Pkc

Be sure to click " ✓ Accept as Solution" when you find an answer that works for you.
Please note, notification emails are a DO NOT REPLY address, you must log-in on the community page in order to respond.

0 Likes