Original topic:

Set default messaging

(Topic created: 03-28-2023 11:03 AM)
user7sguvR7r9N
Constellation
Options
Samsung Apps and Services

My messaging keeps going back-and-forth from MMS to SM. S? What can I do to make it stay as a defaultMy messaging keeps going back-and-forth from MMS to SM. S? What can I do to make it stay as a default on MM? Have. No key or nothing? To. Push to turn it to default where do I go? I've got through all my settings and still don't find it default. This is very annoying I cannot send texts every time.. 

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Solution
Googlicious Bytes
Cosmic Ray
Options
If you're looking for the difference between Google Messages & Samsung Messages - research that further or ask a different question...

But a text message of up to 160 characters without an attached file is known as an SMS, while a text that includes a file—like a picture, video, emoji, or a website link—becomes an MMS.
Samsung Galaxy Note 9, Samsung Galaxy Tab 4 7.0

View solution in context

5 Replies
userdJWz41i8pT
Constellation
Options
Mine is doing the same thing. I'm unable to send messages to some of my contacts. In the beginning it did just fine the first day but, the it just feels like I'm blocked to send to a few contacts.
Solution
Googlicious Bytes
Cosmic Ray
Options
If you're looking for the difference between Google Messages & Samsung Messages - research that further or ask a different question...

But a text message of up to 160 characters without an attached file is known as an SMS, while a text that includes a file—like a picture, video, emoji, or a website link—becomes an MMS.
dortyboy
Sun
Options
Sometimes I've noticed it depends on the person you are texting and their messaging setup
DanG92263
Honored Contributor
Options
Generally, SMS is text only. MMS is video and pictures. It's automatic to accommodate the type if info being sent.
Googlicious Bytes
Cosmic Ray
Options
Hi @userdJWz41i8pT Just wanna share this link for hopefully helpful info: https://www.lifewire.com/fix-when-youre-not-receiving-texts-android-4773219 Also, check that maybe if you may have drop'd your pjone even so slightly the SIM Card may be off-center😉 But definitely contact your carrier for help too!
0 Likes