I still have problem with accessing the app, after installing the app i still can not finded in system preferences how can solve this issue?
I believe I found the issue, you have to manually allow permissions to sidesync through system preferences.
Techincally the software is running fine, but the installer itself does not apply permissions correctly.
1. Install sidesync per usual and when error appears stating installation failed at the end, it may ask you to move to trash or keep. Click "Keep"
2. From the system menu (click the apple icon in top left corner) navigate to:
> System preferences
> Security & privacy
3. Select "accessibility" on the left hand side of choices
- If you selected "KEEP" at the end of the installation, you should see Sidesync listed.
- Ensure "Sidesync" is checked off.
- Click the lock icon to save your preferences (obviously you need admin privelage to even get in here, sorry i did not include the obvious prior)
4. Launch Sidesync
Hope this works for some of you.
There was a recent update that fixed the install issue. This updated version is not yet on the website for download but the Mac app should update itself to it. (as mine did).
Basically you need to install the SideSync_126.96.36.19965 and update it.
If you install the 188.8.131.5265 version and it fails at the end, just ignore the error and choose the KEEP option when asked to move the app to trash or not.
THen launch the SideSync and go to I think help, About and update the app. There is a updated installed that will download and mount and your new install will be succesfull.
I´m working on an imac under OS Sierra 10.12.2. Intsalling sidesync works just fine (installation successfully finished) but as soon as I try to OPEN sidesync it chrashes immediately every time!! I have made a screenshot of the message that I recieve when the app chrashes....any ideas, folks?
Have you tried reinstalling it? It looks like it is missing some files.
I'm new to the forum, so I'm not completely familiar with its features yet.
How do we contact you by "private message"? Where is the link? I couldn't find one for private messages on either this page or your "profile" page that your icon and name link to.
Am I missing something?