After I installed my SEK-3500 to my UN50HU6950F I was super excited to test out all of the upgraded features, only to find out that once I get to the smart hub that I'm not allowed to download apps. It was quite disappointing. I keep on getting "Smart Hub is upgrading please try again later" Error. So i leave it sit for 24 hours and try again. Still getting the same error. So i restored the tv to factory settings, unplugged the evolution kit, and restored the TV without the evolution kit to factory settings as well. Everything is updated firmware. I can install apps fine before I plugged in my evolution kit, but I still can't afterwards. Then I call up samsung. They ended up transfering me to remote management who resets everything again, the guy ends up saying that he doesn't know why its not working and then says he is going to transfer me to his supervisor. Ten minutes later I get hung up on without talking to anyone else. So i play around with the settings, and I notice that when its redownloading the stock apps in the smarthub I get a download error. Also I'm missing my playstation now app. I gave up for the night and went to bed.
Today, I called back and the guy on the other line did the same steps the other guy did and then left to go talk to people and the guy said that one of his coworkers had a similar issue today and that they think it's a problem on samsungs servers.
I am a bit frusterated with the whole situation, and i'm wondering if anyone else has had the same issue with there TV and or Evolution kit that has a solution on how to fix it.
Thank you for your help!
Solved! Go to Solution.
The Smart Hub issue is now fixed for me.
I reset the Smart Hub today after work (I had been using Australia for country code so I could get the game app I'd been playing), and it finally downloads all the apps and no longer gives the error message. I successfully downloaded an app and the game and the Smart Hub connection test is now successful.
I'm not a Netflix user so I can't confirm Netflix, but I read reports about Netflix working for others in AVS Forum/SEK-3500 thread.
I can confirm that Netflix is also now working after a quick sign out/reinstall of the Netflix app.
It's a shame that the Samsung technicians and moderators aren't informed of what defects exist on their products. You would think they would know what issues are out there and what their development team is working on. There should be more transparency for the customer. They should let their customers know that the issues are known issues and they are being worked on urgently. The smart hub restarts and the system resets are frustrating when customers have already tried these tasks numerous times. The only answers I ever got was the equipment is defective please return it for a new one or we can send a technician to your home at an additional cost to you. Unacceptable , especially when customers are informing them that other users are having the exact same problem.
This is was a software issue on samsungs side which we all said from the start and it was rarely acknowledged.
While this SmartHub problem seems resolved, I lost the connection with my Sony STR-DN 030. My audio out list no longer shows this AVR choice when Menu->Sound->Speaker List now only shows 3 options (TV Speaker, Bluetooth Audio, Audio Out/Optical). There used to be a 4th choice thru HDMI.
Has as anyone else noticed this change?
Yes -- I see that as well (my receiver doesn't show up anymore). Also, I still get the incessant smart hub is loading, try again later message. None of this occurred before I made the mistake of upgrading the firmware. Terrible product now. I wish I could go back to the old firmware.
Update, I think the sync plus app has something to do with the delay in firing up the smart hub. After resets of both the tv and th smart hub, I keep getting notices of new apps available, and it's always sync plus, and it never updates, even though I tell it too.
I can confirm that this issue is fixed along with the netflix issue. As the original poster in the forum i'm marking this as solved. Thank you everyone involved for there help in getting this fixed