JUMP TO SOLUTION Solved

Original topic:

Smart Hub Not letting me install apps because "Smart Hub is Upgrading"

(Topic created: 04-12-2016 09:36 PM)
Antithesis
Cosmic Ray
Options
HD and UHD TVs

After I installed my SEK-3500 to my UN50HU6950F I was super excited to test out all of the upgraded features, only to find out that once I get to the smart hub that I'm not allowed to download apps. It was quite disappointing. I keep on getting "Smart Hub is upgrading please try again later" Error. So i leave it sit for 24 hours and try again. Still getting the same error. So i restored the tv to factory settings, unplugged the evolution kit, and restored the TV without the evolution kit to factory settings as well. Everything is updated firmware. I can install apps fine before I plugged in my evolution kit, but I still can't afterwards. Then I call up samsung. They ended up transfering me to remote management who resets everything again, the guy ends up saying that he doesn't know why its not working and then says he is going to transfer me to his supervisor. Ten minutes later I get hung up on without talking to anyone else.  So i play around with the settings, and I notice that when its redownloading the stock apps in the smarthub I get a download error. Also I'm missing my playstation now app. I gave up for the night and went to bed.

Today, I called back and the guy on the other line did the same steps the other guy did and then left to go talk to people and the guy said that one of his coworkers had a similar issue today and that they think it's a problem on samsungs servers.

I am a bit frusterated with the whole situation, and i'm wondering if anyone else has had the same issue with there TV and or Evolution kit that has a solution on how to fix it.

Thank you for your help!

JUMP TO SOLUTION
135 Replies
Varneld
Astronaut
Options
HD and UHD TVs

After doing the factory reset listed here all apps worked again after a year of messing with the Smarthub issue.  We also messed with blocking of cloudfront.net but truly believe it was the app reset and svc reset that ultimately fixed it.

0 Likes
Herndonite
Constellation
Options
HD and UHD TVs

I have a Samsung 55-inch Smart LED TV UN55H6350 purchased in November 2014. 

It has worked flawlessly until March 1 when I could suddenly no longer access Netflix, YouTube, Amazon et al via the Smart Hub. 

Nothing had changed on my end in terms of equipment, router, service provider. 

I tried some self-diagnostics without success. I connected with a Samsung helpdesk rep via chat and he walked me through an hour of testing (much of which I'd already done myself) with no success. 

He recommended I sign up for a service tech to come check it out. 

Before doing that I poked around the web until finding this thread. I've read the entire thing. Ridiculous that Samsung has not provided a clear fix for this problem but has left it up to its users to devise solutions. 

In any case, I will try some of the solutions mentioned in this thread that I haven't tested yet and I'll let you know what does or doesn't work. 

Thanks. 

0 Likes
user7cV84Bmkfh
Constellation
Options
HD and UHD TVs

ATTENTION FRUSTRATED SAMSUNG TV OWNERS:

This worked for me. Thanks a million Jude!

FINALLY 😁

0 Likes
useraUbpD62AEN
Constellation
Options
HD and UHD TVs

I have the same problem. Smart hub updating. 

0 Likes
user3nVJaBWCtO
Constellation
Options
HD and UHD TVs

hi! i did this and it worked, the but i can't install any apps as it says my internal storage is running low; but the only app i have is web browser. i can insert a flash drive but i can't install netflix (which is what i want back).

pls help

0 Likes
galaxy7
Asteroid
Options
HD and UHD TVs

From your reply 

I go to the smart hub apps and sure enough all the logos are missing. However, I still cannot install anything new. Same error, "smart hub is being updated. please try again later."

You must unblock at this point so TV can contact Samsung to install apps.

0 Likes
wbaldwin67
Astronaut
Options
HD and UHD TVs

You have two ways to resolve. Go into your samsung smart TV settings and go to Support. Fill out a request to have them contact you. I had this issue and they got with me even on a Sunday afternoon.

What they did.

1. Went into the Smarthub settings and changed the DNS server to manual and set it to 8.8.8.8

2. Went into the Samsung Apps screen (when you select the color cube icon on your remote) it is the first in the list that is like a aqua color with no verbage. Select it. It will then display a list of all the applications independantly. Here you will have the ability to update manually each application. Go through each and update. When its done. Go to the application you want to use. Re-enter your login if necessary. It should now allow you to access. 

0 Likes
timcredible
Astronaut
Options
HD and UHD TVs

cloudfront.net doesnt exist, so i cant resolve the ip to block it.  i cant uninstall netflix to try to reinstall, cant run netflix to sign out, have reset smarthub which does nothing.  every samsung product is the same, good hardware, crap software.  i also have a samsung washer that breaks apart, guess ive learned my lesson

0 Likes
Antithesis
Cosmic Ray
Options
HD and UHD TVs

I don't think the issue is with any one particular internet provider, because we have seen the issue across any isp's. And even if you are able to do the cloudfront mitigation (which some can some can't) It doesn't actually fix the root cause of the issue it only breaks the install loop that is caused by installing a bad application. Once that loop is broken you can install other applications, but you still can't install the application which is causing this to have issue. (the gamefly/playstation now application for me) The reason that so many people are seeing this issue is because both gamefly and playstation now are a default applications that try to get installed on when the user first logs in from samsungs server. One of these applications gets stuck in an install loop and it doesn't let you install any apps until that loop is broken. Once the loop is broken then you can install all of the other application you want, but you still wont have the default applications that caused the issue to begin with.

0 Likes
Benkc
Constellation
Options
HD and UHD TVs

YEAH. It worked for me, but you have to follow the steps in correct order:

1. Temporarily block cloudfront.net (a Samsung website). This is done on your router connected either wireless or wired to SmarTV. On my Zyxel router, i got into it's configure screen with '192.168.0.1' on web browser address entry. Then look for a menu (eg 'advanced website blocking'). You will need to know the IP Address of the SmarTV (find this in SmarTV menu>Network). Enter this IP or select the SmarTV device and then enter website address to be blocked as "cloudfront.net". When this is applied, your TV will no longer be able to connect to this site where a corrupt default app had been trying to connect but stuck in a loop.

Now turn TV OFF. You need to unplug it as well and wait til the red light showing TV power (lower right of screen) is FULLY out.

Now plug in and power ON TV.

Go to SmartHub > apps. (Graphic pictures on these buttons will be missing)

"Remove" the block of cloudfront.net from the router.

Downloading apps & test SmartHub connection should now work. 👍😄

0 Likes