JUMP TO SOLUTION Solved

Original topic:

Smart Hub Not letting me install apps because "Smart Hub is Upgrading"

(Topic created: 04-12-2016 09:36 PM)
Antithesis
Cosmic Ray
Options
HD and UHD TVs

After I installed my SEK-3500 to my UN50HU6950F I was super excited to test out all of the upgraded features, only to find out that once I get to the smart hub that I'm not allowed to download apps. It was quite disappointing. I keep on getting "Smart Hub is upgrading please try again later" Error. So i leave it sit for 24 hours and try again. Still getting the same error. So i restored the tv to factory settings, unplugged the evolution kit, and restored the TV without the evolution kit to factory settings as well. Everything is updated firmware. I can install apps fine before I plugged in my evolution kit, but I still can't afterwards. Then I call up samsung. They ended up transfering me to remote management who resets everything again, the guy ends up saying that he doesn't know why its not working and then says he is going to transfer me to his supervisor. Ten minutes later I get hung up on without talking to anyone else.  So i play around with the settings, and I notice that when its redownloading the stock apps in the smarthub I get a download error. Also I'm missing my playstation now app. I gave up for the night and went to bed.

Today, I called back and the guy on the other line did the same steps the other guy did and then left to go talk to people and the guy said that one of his coworkers had a similar issue today and that they think it's a problem on samsungs servers.

I am a bit frusterated with the whole situation, and i'm wondering if anyone else has had the same issue with there TV and or Evolution kit that has a solution on how to fix it.

Thank you for your help!

JUMP TO SOLUTION
135 Replies
user3nVJaBWCtO
Constellation
Options
HD and UHD TVs

@Benkc  hi, this worked for me. but now i have this problem where it says internal storage is running low but the only app i have is internet browser. i still didn't get back my pre-installed apps like youtube and netflix. i can install back youtube through flash drive but it won't for netflix

may i ask if you have any idea to get my storage back or how to install netflix through external device?

thanks

0 Likes
michaelgeraci
Cosmic Ray
Options
HD and UHD TVs

I am also having the same problem with the SEK 3500 install. My TV is HU8550. I have had several online chats in the last week. Samsung refuses to recognize that this is a problem on their side. SmartHub has serious defects and new firmware needs to be rolled out to fix this. 

Smarthub is is stuck in a loop trying to install something. I shouldn't need to go into my router settings and block samsungs servers to properly install this device. I notice PlayStation and gamefly app are also not installing correctly. When I delete apps they come back. Netflix is not working. I am getting 'title cannot be played right now' on every title yet other devices play Netflix fine. Very very frustrating. 

I had a rep tell me to only use the SEK when I needed to. Are you kidding? $400 for brand new equipment and they tell you don't install it unless you need to. 

They've offered to replace the unit but it sounds like all of the units have this problem. 

0 Likes
michaelgeraci
Cosmic Ray
Options
HD and UHD TVs

Sounds like we are all STILL having the same problem.  I would love for Samsung to at least acknowledge that it's a problem and let us know their developers are working on it. Looks like this was a problem about a year ago as well based on other Internet forums. Samsung needs to address this quickly through firmware. 

My replacement SEK 3500 will arrive today from Amazon. I'm not encouraged that it will work any better. Other users have replaced the SEK and continue to have the problem. 

Samsung needs to own up to this problem. 

0 Likes
bchuss
Constellation
Options
HD and UHD TVs

Count me in the same boat as everyone else here. I received my replacement SEK-3500 from Amazon yesterday. First one experienced the issues described above, and I'm one of the unlucky ones who can't get the "cloudfront.net" blocking to work. It blocks the thumbnail pictures, so I believe the block is in place, but the "Updating SmartHub" message remains under the download button. I have a Netgear Nighthawk R7000 router that allows me to block specific domains/URLs.

Second box is experieincing the same issue as the first...it's not the box.

I've tried on original firmware that ships with the box (1440.4) and updated firmware (1453). Same issue. My TV is UN60HU8550.

SmartHub connection test always fails with error code ERR08005. When I unplug the SEK-3500, SmartHub works fine on the HU8550.

I think what makes me most upset is that on my calls to Samsung support, they don't even recognize it as an issue. "Check firmware, reset SmartHub, send back the box it must be faulty." Seven pages of posts on their own community site, plus pages of posts on the AVS Forum site and posts on Amazon show this is happening for a bunch of people. And it's been happening for weeks.

Figure it out, fix it. This is unacceptable.

0 Likes
usersqIPCEYvpt
Constellation
Options
HD and UHD TVs

I get the same "Smart Hub is upgrading please try again later" Error." on my Samsung tv from 2017 when I try install apps. Netflix works, all other apps are not working.

I have contacted Samsung support, and they tried resetting apps, remotely, I have tried a "smarthub reset", a full tv reset, connected via various networks ... but nothing works. 

... Samsung support tells me to send the Tv for repair .. but this will cost me more than a new tv and the repair center told me by phone that it sounded like a SW issue (and I tend to agree)

... So my smart tv is not that smart anymore 😞   .... Any ideas on howto fix this will be highly appriciated!

0 Likes
Kemcho
Constellation
Options
HD and UHD TVs

Yes I have  d8000  55'' tv and i did all that you did and finally Samsung told me unfortunately  you can not install

any app   the app that come with tv that's only app we support  

finally i bought box with the app and i install special app and connected to tv and I can stream 

0 Likes