After I installed my SEK-3500 to my UN50HU6950F I was super excited to test out all of the upgraded features, only to find out that once I get to the smart hub that I'm not allowed to download apps. It was quite disappointing. I keep on getting "Smart Hub is upgrading please try again later" Error. So i leave it sit for 24 hours and try again. Still getting the same error. So i restored the tv to factory settings, unplugged the evolution kit, and restored the TV without the evolution kit to factory settings as well. Everything is updated firmware. I can install apps fine before I plugged in my evolution kit, but I still can't afterwards. Then I call up samsung. They ended up transfering me to remote management who resets everything again, the guy ends up saying that he doesn't know why its not working and then says he is going to transfer me to his supervisor. Ten minutes later I get hung up on without talking to anyone else. So i play around with the settings, and I notice that when its redownloading the stock apps in the smarthub I get a download error. Also I'm missing my playstation now app. I gave up for the night and went to bed.
Today, I called back and the guy on the other line did the same steps the other guy did and then left to go talk to people and the guy said that one of his coworkers had a similar issue today and that they think it's a problem on samsungs servers.
I am a bit frusterated with the whole situation, and i'm wondering if anyone else has had the same issue with there TV and or Evolution kit that has a solution on how to fix it.
Thank you for your help!
Solved! Go to Solution.
Wow. This firmware is a gigantic pile of fail. There have been numerous suggestions in this thread (and others on the net) which recommend fixes that are hacky at best. At worst, they are inexcusable when they have lingered for over a year without a firmware update that fixes them.
- The cloudfront.net hack - Any solution that requires blocking some DNS resolution at your router is simply wrong. Hardcoding the name of the CDN into the firmware. Really? The only constant url should be a samsung.com address, from which it loads a configuration that contains URLs for the remainder of the process
- "Set your location to anything but the US". Why does your TV even care? The only reason this could matter is so that they can make sure the overly broad terms of service for the US market are toned down in jurisdictions that care more about personal privacy.
- I did a firmware update to 1500 a few days ago. It took nearly 18 hours (wired gigabit ethernet). I didn't pull out the network prober to watch it, but I couldn't write something that slow if I tried. Check out the attached image.
- You can not delete any of the pre-installed apps.So I have to live through the clutter of 20 things I will never use, for the 5 I want.
After tying some of the tips (no full factory reset yet, since I don't want to have to reupdate the firmware for 20 hours), I still do not have any working smarthub apps. They open, but they do not function. The closest is the TED app. I can select videos, but they never get past the first frame.
I'll give it a few days to see if the apps update. If not, I will unplug the network cable and ignore it. Between the Tivo and the Mac Mini underneath I have all the resources I need.
Followup: My TV seemed to have reverted to the 14xx firmware again. Update would not work. I finally ditched the wired network and switched to my guest wifi. Then I got a successful update to 1500 in about 15 minutes time. The SmartHub apps started working too. Since my home network performs flawlessly for everthing else, the only theories I can come up with are
- The wired ethernet hardware is flaky.
- The TV caches things about the network longer than it should. Something was corrupted for the wired settings, but switching to wireless reset the cache.
Both ideas are really grasping at straws. I have little patience for debugging this further (that is, moving back to wired to see performance). At this point I am sticking with my isolated guest wifi because I don't trust this thing on my home network.
Has there been any updates on zek-3500 issues with the update loop and Netflix and Amazon not working
I have un55hu9000
I cannot use this one connect evolution upgrade do to these issues please let us know if they are fixing the problem and also what is the latest firmware it is to have current 1440.4 i be leave is on the evolution box
My problem was resolved requesting my Internet provider to set my router to IpV4 back from IpV6...
It might be of help for some of you.
I have exactly the same problem on my UN55JS700DF XZA Smart TV and the workarounds mentioned here didn't help.
After I reset Smart Hub, I cannot install YouTube app back as the TV says: "Smart hub is being updated. Please try again later."
The funny thing is that resetting Smart Hub is a recommended workaround to fix this problem: https://us.community.samsung.com/t5/forums/v3_1/forumtopicpage/board-id/tv/page/1/thread-id/43024
I was a loyal Samsung customer for so many years but now I must say that I will never ever by anything with label "Samsung" on it.