Original topic:

Smart Lock Trusted Places Not Working

(Topic created: 02-28-2021 03:02 AM)
Asteroid
Options
Samsung Apps and Services
I have several locations set up under smart lock / trusted places to keep my phone unlocked. The smart lock feature only works occasionally when I am at these locations. Most of the time, I have to keep entering my passcode to unlock the phone. I also have smart lock set to keep my phone unlocked when connected to trusted devices and this feature works correctly all of the time. Anyone have a fix or workaround to this ?
8 Replies
userHAaYrUTc13
Constellation
Options
I'm jealous that yours is working and staying unlocked when connected to trusted devices, bc my trusted locations and trusted devices are not keeping my phone unlocked. which my locations are working home since it's the 2 places I am constantly locking and unlocking my phone. Idk what happened, but they have messed up so many features like alot of people's alarm sounds are not playing when their alarms are going off, and it's turning their customers away. I've seen so many ppl say their current Samsung will be their last bc a simple alarm clock feature is no longer waking them up for work since sound isn't playing which is causing them to be late to their work.

I would suggest to delete trusted locations along with any left over cach or info on trusted locations and then add the trusted locations again as if it was the first time.

let's hope Samsung fixes their huge DISASTERS that they consider to be features b4 they lose even more and more of their previous, but no longer, loyal customers and fans.
BigDog45ACP
Galaxy
Options
Same with my S10+ ( Sprint ). Trudted devices is my Galaxy watch and my trusted location is home. yet I have to constantly unlock my phone. Trusted location and device just isn't working. every once in a blue moon does it work. but 90+ percent of the time I have to unlock my phone.
Diaboyos
Supernova
Options
The feature doesn't work. AFAIK it has never worked. Really wish it did too. Maybe I'll file an error report.
Diaboyos
Supernova
Options
Well I tried filing an error report three times and each time it would say the system data didn't include enough information. Since that's done automatically there's nothing I can do about that. Thx Samsung.
0 Likes
userkuubasrJTN
Astronaut
Options

Same problem here. Trusted place, trusted devices. Continually having to unlock. Clearly Samsung are aware, but just don't care.

Mestupt
Constellation
Options

Yup. Same issue. Doesn't work 90% + of the time...

usergakfnNcMgz
Constellation
Options

My trusted places (home) worked for a good long time... It just stopped recently. I have ran through all the suggestions I could find online but, nope, nothing. It would be nice if I could at least tell what, if anything, changed to cause the problem.
It was nice for awhile; at any time I could ask Google to set a reminder, add something to my calendar, fire up Spotify.... Now I just hear "Sure, but first you'll need to unlock your device".
For myself, it's a huge step down in regards to how useful my phone is.
Samsung keeps sending me <edit> to upgrade to the S21... Yeah sure, I'll give you $1,000 for another phone that works when it feels like it, from a company that has zero regard for paying/long term customers... I'm just itching to make that particular purchase.

JefFree
Astronaut
Options
What's the point of posting in this if we all had the same problem but there is no solution?
0 Likes