Original topic:

Smart Switch Efficiency

(Topic created: 07-15-2022 04:46 AM)
Jess04
Comet
Options
Samsung Apps and Services
Hey Samsung,

As helpful as Smart Switch is, it seems like you've been lacking in the inclusion of your own apps when transferring and organizing. 🤔 I've had to perform a Smart Switch transfer twice in the last 3 days (due to requiring a replacement device). Each time, the apps within Good Lock, along with a lot of their data, and the data within Samsung Pass (including Samsung Pass in Secure Folder) where not transfered or missing data at the least. 😮💨 One would expect for an OEM that's created a data transfer method to transfer their own content, right?

Returning to the topic of Good Lock, the only data transfered within any of those apps was that of moving wallpapers created in Wonderland. But the customizations of KeysCafe fails to offer the capability of backing up your keyboard. The tutorial of the app is not as straight forward as it could be. Not everyone that may be savy enough to customize their keyboard would know to save it as a file and then know how to upload it again. When you tap on the .kcf file it creates, KeysCafe doesn't even offer to open it! 🤨

It would be in your best interest for the sake of customer satisfaction and retention to offer more of your own content to be backed up into your own cloud. Especially considering you continue to remove useful features so much over the last 4+ years. 🙄
4 Replies
pepel
Astronaut
Options
I can't k
Connect my watch
0 Likes
Jess04
Comet
Options
What does that have to do with the topic of this post? 🤨
0 Likes
LongHiker
Epic Samsung Care Ambassador
Options

@Jess04 I suggest that you submit a  bug/feature request using the Samsung Members app. 

Personally, I have never had a problem like that. All of my Good Lock customizations were transferred to my new device. 

0 Likes
Lrock
Comet
Options
I think it'd probably be more likely to reach the right people if he used the "contact us" link in the respective apps he's experiencing the issues
0 Likes