cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
userp9ls0Pyqh6
Constellation

Smart Switch

Smart Switch is the most useless and downright stupid app ever to be used on a Samsung phone. I used my S10 for a few days and decided to transfer my contacts and messages from my iPhone to my Samsung. I finished Smart Switch but was greeted with the home screen and layout from my original iPhone. I could not find my app drawer, my apps were all scrambled, and it doesn't allow you to return to its original layout. In order to return to the regular layout of a Samsung phone, you have to completely factory reset your phone. This makes you download all of your apps all over again and go through the setup process again. I have found no other answer online on how to fix this problem other than resetting the phone which has the chance of losing some of my contacts, photos, and messages. When I try to back up my messages, they fail to backup which means they might get lost during the reset. I absolutely hate the fact that there is no way to return to the layout of my original home screen and app drawer. This is the stupidest and most useless feature ever pre-downloaded on a Samsung phone. I will never use the feature ever again and will definitely uninstall it after I HAVE to reset my phone because of the stupidity of Smart Switch.

4 REPLIES 4
withoutforth
Astronaut

Re: Smart Switch

Quit bitchin. It worked, didn't it?

EpicGamerMoment
Astronaut

I'm sorry to hear that

EonDrache
Cosmic Ray

To fix this issue you just have to long press the home screen. Click home screen settings and the first option is home screen layout. When you use smart switch from an iPhone it changes that setting to home screen only. Just switch it to "home and app screen". I do this daily as a sales rep.

Highlighted
EonDrache
Cosmic Ray

It's also found in settings > display > home screen > home screen layout. You can also search "home screen"