Original topic:

Smart Tag + IFTTT

(Topic created: 09-22-2021 10:13 AM)
MikeyV10
Cosmic Ray
Options
Samsung Apps and Services
Can a smart tag be used with IFTTT?  I know that the SmartThings app itself can connect with IFTTT, but I don't know if the smart tags are included in that!  Thanks!
0 Likes
4 Replies
Jaystarrockzz
Galaxy
Options
Smart tags are only synced with galaxy devices such as tablets and phones. If it is not a Samsung galaxy device then the answer would be no
0 Likes
MikeyV10
Cosmic Ray
Options
******Update: I think I figured out that there is no added functionality for the Smart Tags on IFTTT. The button on the tag can be programmed directly in the SmartThings app to do several different things...however, for all other automations, I have found a work around using IFTTT (and/or Tasker, if needed) in conjunction with the Smart Tag & SmartThings app to create any automation I need – which is exactly what I was looking for! ******

Hey! My phone is a Galaxy Note 10 Plus and the SmartThings app is made by Samsung also, so I was hoping there would be automation functionality for the smart tags as well!
0 Likes
SamsungRyder
Samsung Moderator
Samsung Moderator
Options

Thank you for your interest in sharing your idea with Samsung. We appreciate your feedback and will tag it on the forum so that it will appear with other feedback, ideas, and requests. This will allow your post to be more easily found in the event that Samsung product groups are seeking outside feedback/requests/ideas regarding our products.

0 Likes
MikeyV10
Cosmic Ray
Options
Thank you! Though, in regards to feedback about the smart tags and SmartThings app... I have 2 things that would be more pressing (since there is at least a workaround for the issue in my previous post!). The smaller issue of the two is being able to program the "double press" function on the smart tag – as it stands, only the "single press" and "press & hold" are programmable via the app. Finally, and the more important of the two things, is adding device functionality to the SmartThings app. I only even use the app because of the smart tag... because there are just such a limited selection if devices that can be added to the app. Out of all the different category types, there are really only a handful of different "brands" to choose from (and they happen to be some of the most expensive devices that can be bought!). Of course, that is not conducive to act as a "central hub" – I strongly suggest adding the ability to control many other brands and devices... even if only the most common & most popular... and I believe your app could then be perhaps one of the best smart home apps that would be the only one people would need to use! As it stands, only wealthy people who also happen to buy one of the few supported devices, are even able to use the features of this app... much less using it as their primary smart home control. As I said, from what I've seen, the SmartThings app has some great features (not that I have been able to test most of them, since many of them won't even let me use them if I don't have one of those few, expensive supported devices. It really seems like a missed opportunity for Samsung – don't they see what they could have here? Stop focusing on Bixby, that's never going to happen! However, turning SmartThings into the preferred smart home control app COULD happen (and that is a very big market). I hope Samsung takes this to heart and actually even reads this! I've always just assumed that most companies never even look at their customers feedback, but I hope I am wrong!
0 Likes