Original topic:

Smart switch not enough storage with more than enough storage

(Topic created: 05-13-2024 02:53 PM)
alec2
Asteroid
Options
Samsung Apps and Services

I am trying to back my phone up to my laptop using the smart switch app on my laptop. I plug my phone into my computer and select backup but I get an error saying that I need to clear space on my device. I assume that is referring to my laptop but that doesn't make any sense. I have 117gb of data on my phone and each drive of my computer has over 300gb left. I have tried changing the backup location to each of my drives with no luck. It says that I need to clear 11gb of storage so I deselected my photos and videos which account for more than 50gb of my phone storage and it changes to saying that I now need to delete 25gb of data from my device. Any idea what I can do to fix this? I don't have an external drive big enough to back up my data which is why I am using my laptop instead of a flashdrive.

I also cleared my smart switch app cache on my phone in case that would help but no luck. Also, I am using a galaxy s21 (128gb) and a galaxy book 3 ultra with both SSD slots populated with 1tb drives.

4 Replies
userra
Comet
Options
. Do you use cloud storage is that full? Can you select certain items you want specifically transferred to your computer? I had an issue with my apple device and it needed to be on data and wifi so I deleted apps and then it worked, and then I reinstall the apps.
0 Likes
alec2
Asteroid
Options

I'm not using cloud storage for anything and I guess I don't see anything in smart switch that talks about cloud storage. The only cloud storage that I am aware that I am using is google drive but I'm not backing that up and it only gives me 15gb of storage would need more than 100gb cleared instead of the 11-25gb that it is asking for now.

0 Likes
userra
Comet
Options
Can you upload to the cloud Ave then go to website via pc to view your data. The cloud says it has encryption, too.
0 Likes
userra
Comet
Options
11 gbis the size of a video game
0 Likes