cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
Asteroid

Smartthings: how to turn off vibrate feedback

I use Smartthings (on my S20+ phone) as a TV remote to my Samsung TV. 

Today when I opened Smartthings app and tapped on the TV, SmartThings app stated it needed to update itself before I could use it.

Well, the Samsung development team decided they should add vibration (haptic) feedback for every tap of the TV control buttons. AND I CANT TURN IT OFF in Settings!!!

Anyone know a workaround? This "feature" is incredibly annoying ...

25 REPLIES 25
Highlighted
Astronaut

Re: Smartthings: how to turn off vibrate feedback

unless you phone is running slow I would really have to go to a store to make sure it's a valid update so you won't have Malwar downloaded instead it happened to me but hopefully that will not happen again to be because it is very difficult to find unless you are looking then it gets expensive to try and get it fixed write but mine has become unless to im constantly working on it but it's done for me to much hassle for me
Highlighted
Constellation

If you have found a solution please post it here 

Highlighted
Samsung Moderator
Samsung Moderator

Have you tried these settings?

1. From the Home screen, swipe up on an empty spot to open the Apps tray.
  2. Tap Settings > Accessibility > Screen reader > Settings.
  3. Tap the Vibration feedback slider to turn on or off.

Be sure to click " ✓ Accept as Solution" when you find an answer that works for you.

Please note, notification emails are a DO NOT REPLY address, you must log-in on the community page in order to respond.

Highlighted
Asteroid

Re: Re: Smartthings: how to turn off vibrate feedback

Thanks, but that setting, for my phone, is already OFF.

I've also been to Settings.. Sound / Vibration .. Vibration Intensity .. and turned OFF Touch Interaction

And under System Sound/Vibration Control ... all are OFF.
Highlighted
Samsung Moderator
Samsung Moderator

Re: Re: Smartthings: how to turn off vibrate feedback

From what I am seeing there are no other options available to turn off the feedback. Have you tried clearing the cache partition of the phone since the update? https://thedroidguy.com/wipe-cache-partition-galaxy-s20-1123375 You may be correct in that this was added in the app with the most recent update. I will tag your post as a feature request and feedback so that the development team will see the request.

Be sure to click " ✓ Accept as Solution" when you find an answer that works for you.

Please note, notification emails are a DO NOT REPLY address, you must log-in on the community page in order to respond.

Highlighted
Asteroid

Re: Re: Re: Smartthings: how to turn off vibrate feedback

Yea, as a matter of protocol in troubleshooting, I reboot and clear the Cache Partition ... didn't help. It's as if the feedback is hard coded into the app...
Highlighted
Samsung Moderator
Samsung Moderator

Thanks for confirming. I've tagged your post so that it will be seen. I apologize I am not more helpful.

Highlighted
Constellation

I also have this problem with vibration feedback since the last update of the smart things app. Having asked a question inside the smart things app I only got the answer to contact the samsung help center as this would be a problem of my television - a complete nonsense. Could you please provide an update of the app with a configurable vibration feedback option?

Highlighted
Constellation

It's super annoying. Please have the development team enable a way to toggle it on or off. Does samsung even have a user experience team? Such a dumb issue.