cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Angry_Customer
Asteroid

Stolen/Hacked Samsung Account

I'm leaving this here as a warning to others.

On Saturday, October 5th, 2019, I was received several notifications that large purchases had been made utilizing both my Samsung line of credit and my personal debit card. I attempted to access my account, only to find that the username, associated email address, and password had all been changed.

However, before the belligerent thought to change my associated account information, I received the order receipts for the products purchased; to include the order number, price, item type, billing address (my own), and the shipping address (more than likely a vacated apartment).

I contacted Samsung's Apps and Services department that night and was told that they could do nothing for me until the morning of Sunday 6 October, 2019. I called Sunday morning, and once again got nowhere. Apparently their crack team of individuals that perform account investigations don't work the weekends, however they were going to make sure that all the information that their "escalation team" needed, would be provided.

Monday, 7 October, 2019 rolls around. I call, and I have to again provide information concerning the hijacked account. I get irritated and ask if they can at the very least lock the account to ensure nothing else happens with it. I have already had to kill a debit card, consult with my bank, and report my Samsung line of credit stolen. Apparently, Samsung won't lock the account...  even when I provided the order numbers over the phone and they could see the purchases, the billing address, and the different shipping address... their hands were tied. I'm told to upload the order receipts to http://help.content.samsung.com in order for the "escalation team" to do anything about it, and that resolution will take 48 hours. I followed their instructions and did just that.

Tuesday, October 8th, 2019 I give their customer service team a break, and just assume they are looking into it. I figure Wednesday they would call with something, and boy was I WRONG.

Wednesday, October 9th, 2019 I get a call at 8 AM from Samsung. I couldn't get to the phone, due to my job, but the customer service team neglects to leave a message. When I leave work, I have to return the call and explain everything AGAIN. They find my open ticket, and tell me that "escalation services" wants me to upload the order receipts so they can review them. THE SAME RECEIPTS I UPLOADED ON MONDAY. I lose my cool at this point. This is just rediculous at this point, and I am sure I will never purchase another Samsung product again.

I have sent an email to their "escalation team", but I doubt at this point I'll ever get my account back. You know, it's crazy. We should expect this kind of lousy service at this point. Especially since this all started with a Galaxy Note 10 that was designed in South Korea, made in China, and has customer support representatives based out of India. Your reps act like they care, but really how can they when they are several countries and an ocean away... and can't relate to your customers at even the most basic level.

This was a gut punch... it's rage inducing... and I'm definitely going to seek legal council.

5 REPLIES 5
Angry_Customer
Asteroid

Re: Stolen/Hacked Samsung Account

*Bump for update*

Thursday, October 10th, 2019. As of last night, they have another copy of all the fraudulent order reciepts, but there has still been no movement to resolve the issues on my stolen account. So far two different online customer service representatives have reached out to me through private chat. They now have the information that I have sent two other times regarding the account.

TL;DR - STILL NOT RESOLVED

Samsung Care Ambassador

Angry_Customer
Asteroid

*Bump for update*

Monday, October 14th, 2019. I just recieved a call from Samsung's "escalation team". They asked for my email address and billing information, AGAIN. Then they proceded to tell me to go to the Samsung website and use the forgot password feature.

ARE YOU SERIOUS!?!

This is what I waited a week for? The EMAIL AND PASSWORD WAS CHANGED BY THE PERSON WHO STOLE MY ACCOUNT AND ORDERED STUFF ON MY CREDIT! 

This is the most incompetent company of all time! You have my name, my billing address, and the accounts original email address. WHAT ELSE DO YOU NEED?

Avoid this freaking company at all cost!

STILL NOT RESOLVED!!!

userOHEbcmPVgt
Constellation

Any new updates on this?

@Angry_Customer wrote:

*Bump for update*

Monday, October 14th, 2019. I just recieved a call from Samsung's "escalation team". They asked for my email address and billing information, AGAIN. Then they proceded to tell me to go to the Samsung website and use the forgot password feature.

ARE YOU SERIOUS!?!

This is what I waited a week for? The EMAIL AND PASSWORD WAS CHANGED BY THE PERSON WHO STOLE MY ACCOUNT AND ORDERED STUFF ON MY CREDIT! 

This is the most incompetent company of all time! You have my name, my billing address, and the accounts original email address. WHAT ELSE DO YOU NEED?

Avoid this freaking company at all cost!

STILL NOT RESOLVED!!!

Nebula

Unfortunately Samsung doesn't care