cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
Asteroid

Strava syncing with Samsung Health

JUMP TO SOLUTION

For the past 8+ months I have been using strava to record exercise (peloton, running, biking etc...)  Once the workout was complete it would sync to Samsung Health.  Samsung health is where all my health data is (food, weight, BP, etc...)

Having all items in one place is great.

Issue:  May 28, 2020 was the last day to sync exercises from strava.  I've disconnected strava from Samsung health, re-signed in, etc...  No workouts are passing through.

Using Version: 6.10.0.041

Any ideas how to resolve or if there is a known issue that will resolved soon?  

1 SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Highlighted
Asteroid

Re: Strava syncing with Samsung Health

JUMP TO SOLUTION

Alright Folks - Problem SOLVED!

The latest update: 6.10.0.041 (DOES NOT WORK WITH STRAVA at this time)  Samsung Health App Team please fix!

Reverted back to previous version (6.9.1.017 Dated:  3/28/20) and Strava syncs with no issues!

• Synced Samsung health so all current health data were up to date.
  • Uninstalled Samsung Health version:  6.10.0.041
  • Used Aptoide.com / app (numerious other sites have APK file) to download prior version 6.9.1.017
  • Installed apk file version:  6.9.1.017
  • Turned off auto-update feature in Galaxy Store
  • Signed in and data passed through
  • Re-signed into strava under connected services
  • Strava loaded ALL missing workouts

No Idea why latest version of samsung health broke sync.  Hopefully Samsung App Team can fix/resolve then update once issue is resolved so we can keep our apps up to date.  Till then I'm enjoying having all my health data & exercises in one place.  

Best of luck!  

View solution in original post

15 REPLIES 15
Highlighted
Samsung Moderator
Samsung Moderator

JUMP TO SOLUTION

Thank you for reaching out. For issues with the Samsung Health app, please reach out to the Samsung Health team by calling 1-855-795-0509. 

Be sure to click " ✓ Accept as Solution" when you find an answer that works for you.

Please note, notification emails are a DO NOT REPLY address, you must log-in on the community page in order to respond.

Highlighted
Asteroid

JUMP TO SOLUTION

called number and phone rang for 10 minutes.  Called at 6pm - will call again during business hours.

Highlighted
Constellation

JUMP TO SOLUTION

Hi , 

I am experiencing exactly the same problem as of a week ag.

Tracking down the source of the problem is a nightmare.

I just sent a message to the Samsung Health team via the health app. Fingers crossed ,although I will not hold my breath . 

I'll keep a eyer on your responses and if get a workable solution or response . i'll link it here 

Highlighted
Astronaut

JUMP TO SOLUTION

Same I contacted both Strava and Samsung. No one is taking responsibility. 

Samsung seems to just keep copy and pasting to call their number. Twitter Support and App Store support just keeping passing the buck.

Highlighted
Astronaut

JUMP TO SOLUTION

Please esclate, numerous users on many platforms are reporting this issue for about a week. It's not isolated and I know Samsung Health app was recently updated. This may have been the break point. Please pass this issue onto the technical team.

Highlighted
Asteroid

JUMP TO SOLUTION

For me, the last day it synced from Strava was Sunday 24 May. Nothing since then. It is maddening.

Highlighted
Asteroid

JUMP TO SOLUTION

called and spoke with Samsung Health App support:  Still not working & told to contact Strava.

Steps Tried:

• Force Quit Samsung Health
  • Go to settings, apps, search "samsung health", storage, click "clear cache"
  • Verify all permissions are turned "on"
  • verify app is updated with latest updates
  • Turn off phone for 1+ minute then turn back on.
  • disconnect strava from samsung health & also revoked access in Strava
  • then re-connect/login/link strava to samsung health

6+ hours no activities old or new since above steps are populating/syncing with Samsung health.

Any other ideas I'd welcome or updates.  

Tried contacting Strava and zippo on their end...  

Maddening to say the least.  

Highlighted
Astronaut

JUMP TO SOLUTION

Same here, they need to fix this. It's the main reason I switched from Garmin to Samsung was all the metrics that came over from Strava into Samsung.

Highlighted
Asteroid

JUMP TO SOLUTION

Alright Folks - Problem SOLVED!

The latest update: 6.10.0.041 (DOES NOT WORK WITH STRAVA at this time)  Samsung Health App Team please fix!

Reverted back to previous version (6.9.1.017 Dated:  3/28/20) and Strava syncs with no issues!

• Synced Samsung health so all current health data were up to date.
  • Uninstalled Samsung Health version:  6.10.0.041
  • Used Aptoide.com / app (numerious other sites have APK file) to download prior version 6.9.1.017
  • Installed apk file version:  6.9.1.017
  • Turned off auto-update feature in Galaxy Store
  • Signed in and data passed through
  • Re-signed into strava under connected services
  • Strava loaded ALL missing workouts

No Idea why latest version of samsung health broke sync.  Hopefully Samsung App Team can fix/resolve then update once issue is resolved so we can keep our apps up to date.  Till then I'm enjoying having all my health data & exercises in one place.  

Best of luck!  

View solution in original post