Original topic:

Suggestion: Ability to switch Modes on Contact Information

(Topic created: 04-13-2024 05:33 PM)
PrimePixel
Comet
Options
Samsung Apps and Services

This is just a suggestion for a possible future update. I would like to have a quick access to my modes on the Lock Screen without having to go to notification panel and etc. My suggestion was to combine it with the Contact Information so that when you double press it or something, it opens up the modes. I just hope that the phone doesnt become stuttery with all of these functions now on One UI 6, since Samsung phones have always stuttered with animations one way or another. 

7 Replies
realaud
Supernova
Options
You can add a widget to the lock screen in the modes and routines settings or the lock screen settings.
PrimePixel
Comet
Options
As far as I know, you can only add routines on them. You can't switch in between modes on it.
realaud
Supernova
Options
I refuse to put any widgets on my lock screen, but when i go into those settings it shows me all the modes I have set up. I think you can choose the modes or routines you want to show. It's not like it costs anything to try it.
PrimePixel
Comet
Options
Im not sure I'm following, but you cant switch between modes on the Lock Screen widgets(the one where you press on the clock). Modes and Routines also isn't supported on the new pill widgets. Only way to access Modes on the lock screen is on the notifcation panel, which requires you to unlock your phone, go to home screen and etc. I guess its a good option for now to have it in the notif panel, but I can see some people having other stuff on it.
realaud
Supernova
Options
Well, was just a suggestion. If you need to make your lock screen act like your home screen, why bother locking the phone at all?
PrimePixel
Comet
Options
You need a lock screen to prevent unwanted people from using your phone and opening any apps that may contain private information. I was just needing a more efficient way to access modes on the lock screen so that, for example, I can easily turn on Sleep mode or Theater mode.
0 Likes
Popsicle20
Red Giant
Options
You could add it to your "Apps" edge panel. You'd still have to unlock the phone to use it, but the edge panels are accessible from the lock screen.